Home&Auto with Metlife Grand Protect

wies0106

Hello,

Our agency write personal and commercial lines insurance in MN , WI, IA, AZ. We have not wrote anything with Metlife in years and I am wondering if anyone has had luck this year with writing their home and auto insurance. If so how competitive has it been compared to other companies and what state?

We used to have their auto product in Florida. Not competitive at all then. That was years back so I have no idea if that has changed.

I have access to them through Smart Choice so I just quote them with all of the other carriers and for the last 3 years they have never ever even come close to being competitive. I do not understand why the even write in MD. I cant imagine they get any business. Either that or I am quoting them wrong.

Thats the same for us. We have a large PakII book with them that we had alot of success writing but that was YEARS ago. In the last decade the only thing I was able to write was a monoline renters policy.... Not sure what the struggle is internally...

Their rates suck in SC and GA. They're a little better in NC. Even when their rates suck though, they still lock it in with payroll deduction. You want to talk about carriers competing with their agents though - they are doing it as hard as any of them selling direct to consumers via the employers.

I have one package policy with them. When they're on something though, it's untouchable.
Really into great credit and with professions revolving around education.

There rates are terrible in AZ. I have access to them thru my group, and commissions are like 22%, and more with bonus. Zero business with them!

Their rates are competitive for the right clients in WA. They will never be the cheapest though and they're not trying to. They're for clients who are willing to pay a little more for a superior product.

Hi Aram,

Can you briefly inform me in what makes their product so superior? we have WestBend Home and highway and they do a nice blanket limit policy with raised limits and as a packaged policy modeled after the old Pak II.

Back