Home Health Care Only Policies...

LBG

Anyone know anything about them? I know Banker's Life has a Home Care insurance plan that only covers care at home but I don't know who else does. I've asked around and other's seem to be at a loss as well.

Anyone know of some carrier's that sell Home Care only policies?

Thanks for the help!

There are other carriers such as Kemper who offer stand alone HHC. Are you looking to write one? If so provide the details and maybe someone can help point you in the right direction.

When it says pending, does that mean it might be approved for sale, sometime during this century...:err:

Yes, Actually Pending does mean that they intend to file. Ex: it was pending in GA for a year before it was approved. Same with TX.

Some States you have to jump through alot of hoops to get a new line, app, rates, etc approved.

NJ just got the GIWL approved in Sept. So they will work on it.

When it says pending, does that mean it might be approved for sale, sometime during this century

Pending means that the carrier has filed the product and they are waiting for the state's DOI to approve it for sale.

In many states it could take a few months, others like NY, it could take a year or more.

Curious as to why Kemper HHC is showing up in a LTC forum. It is NOT a home health care product....nor is it a LTC product.

It might be viewed as a limited benefit short term recovery product in your home only. It pays absolutely NOTHING for a home care aide unless you were first in the hospital for three days prior...and then $40/day is the max for unskilled labor at no more than 60 days. It does help pay for what Medicare is supposed to pay for in home visits...therapists, etc on a limited pay schedule. You could say it may help a little to supplement a Medicare Advantage plan to cover a few co-pays....else, IMHO, it has no real business being in this forum.

Maybe I am missing something, or is the product different than it is in Georgia? There is a reason it is a low cost product. Maybe they have a different product that I am unaware of.

Last edited:
Curious as to why Kemper HHC is showing up in a LTC forum. It is NOT a home health care product....nor is it a LTC product.

It might be viewed as a limited benefit short term recovery product in your home only. It pays absolutely NOTHING for a home care aide unless you were first in the hospital for three days prior...and then $40/day is the max for unskilled labor at no more than 60 days. It does help pay for what Medicare is supposed to pay for in home visits...therapists, etc on a limited pay schedule. You could say it may help a little to supplement a Medicare Advantage plan to cover a few co-pays....else, IMHO, it has no real business being in this forum.

Maybe I am missing something, or is the product different than it is in Georgia? There is a reason it is a low cost product.

The brochure and outline of coverage I'm looking at seems to separate the Home Health Care Benefit from the Home Health Care Aide Benefit. The "immediately following a hospital confinement of not less than three days" is under the Home Health Care Aide Benefit, and I take this to be like a CNA.

The OP asked about Home Health Care only policies. There aren't many out there anymore. Continental Life has one, but it's less of a HHC policy than Kemper's.

previously posted by yankee466

It was moved to the LTC forum because the title of the thread is "Home Health Care Only Policies"

However, it appears that Kemper does not offer a TQ HHC policy.

Back