Home Service Insurance

Would introducing a tablet based app to drive quoting, e-apps and collections positively impact the

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InsTechJunkie

Hello all,
I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone working in the Home Service side as to what are some of the pros of being a Home Service agent. We are all well aware as to the perceived cons: dangerous routes, the overall hassle of tracking down clients to pay, etc., but we rarely hear about any positive aspects of that market.

I believe there is tremendous opportunity to provide smaller face policies to clients with a lower socioeconomic status. This market has been under-served by traditional sales and marketing tactics, so there is certainly an opportunity and customer base there. These are also people that could benefit the most from these types of products, and as an Agent, I think this could be a rewarding position.

Recruiting new agents in Home Service continues to be a challenge, but I hope that there are still some folks who think positively about this market. Is there anything we could be providing agents to help them increase their Home Service business?

Hello all, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone working in the Home Service side as to what are some of the pros of being a Home Service agent. We are all well aware as to the perceived cons: dangerous routes, the overall hassle of tracking down clients to pay, etc., but we rarely hear about any positive aspects of that market. I believe there is tremendous opportunity to provide smaller face policies to clients with a lower socioeconomic status. This market has been under-served by traditional sales and marketing tactics, so there is certainly an opportunity and customer base there. These are also people that could benefit the most from these types of products, and as an Agent, I think this could be a rewarding position. Recruiting new agents in Home Service continues to be a challenge, but I hope that there are still some folks who think positively about this market. Is there anything we could be providing agents to help them increase their Home Service business?

Are you looking for home insurance?

Hello all,
I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone working in the Home Service side as to what are some of the pros of being a Home Service agent. We are all well aware as to the perceived cons: dangerous routes, the overall hassle of tracking down clients to pay, etc., but we rarely hear about any positive aspects of that market.

I believe there is tremendous opportunity to provide smaller face policies to clients with a lower socioeconomic status. This market has been under-served by traditional sales and marketing tactics, so there is certainly an opportunity and customer base there. These are also people that could benefit the most from these types of products, and as an Agent, I think this could be a rewarding position.

Recruiting new agents in Home Service continues to be a challenge, but I hope that there are still some folks who think positively about this market. Is there anything we could be providing agents to help them increase their Home Service business?
Are you with a home service company now? If so which one. The debit routes do not necessarily have to be dangerous. Mine consisted of small town and rural areas with no inner city or government housing projects. The best thing about home service is the relationship you build with your clients. Can be a great prospecting tool. You can end up with several generations of a family as clients. If you are writing HS business with a company like Columbian it can be a pleasurable endeavor as you have complete control over the way you decide to do business. If you are working for a company like United it can be tedious as you always have someone looking over your shoulder.

The market that your referring to that's being under served, can be helped with traditional final expense insurance through bank draft, or draft debit card, no need to be chasing client every month for the payment.

The market that your referring to that's being under served, can be helped with traditional final expense insurance through bank draft, or draft debit card, no need to be chasing client every month for the payment.

That is s common misconception about the home service market. If you "work the debit instead of letting the debit work you" , you don't chase clients every month for payment.

In today's culture, the debit system may seem like a dinosaur to many, if not most, agents. A properly run debit can be moderately successful, though I doubt it can keep up with today's trend of automation, virtual offices, and e-sigs. While there is a "personal touch" advantage with debits, it is not enough to compensate for dollars it cost due to not enough contacts in the pipeline.

Your user name is instechjunkie. Is there an angle here I am missing? Techjunkie and debit route??? Just curious, not attacking.

Hello all, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone working in the Home Service side as to what are some of the pros of being a Home Service agent. We are all well aware as to the perceived cons: dangerous routes, the overall hassle of tracking down clients to pay, etc., but we rarely hear about any positive aspects of that market. I believe there is tremendous opportunity to provide smaller face policies to clients with a lower socioeconomic status. This market has been under-served by traditional sales and marketing tactics, so there is certainly an opportunity and customer base there. These are also people that could benefit the most from these types of products, and as an Agent, I think this could be a rewarding position. Recruiting new agents in Home Service continues to be a challenge, but I hope that there are still some folks who think positively about this market. Is there anything we could be providing agents to help them increase their Home Service business?

This guy has not replied at all... I think this thread it dead!

Latest posts

Back