Home with 5 claims HELP!

Looking for a home insurance provider for a homeowner in OK. They have 5 claims between 2016-2018. I've checked with all the non-standard markets. Just thought someone may know of a company that will write this home.

What kind of claims and how much was paid on each one? How old is the house? Condition? What company insures them now? Are they facing non-renewal or just not happy with their rates?

They’re being non renewed by SF. 1970 Great condition. 2 water claims ($22,000 together), 1 claim related to one of the water claims but listed as all other claims ($800), a zero $ claim and a hail claim ($18,000). All claims 2016-2018.

Has your client tried to offer taking a much higher deductible with SF? Something along the lines of 5% or 10% of dwelling?

What were the nature/details of the non-weather claims? Have they done anything to prevent reoccurrence? Have they considered bumping their deductible? Unless it was a liability claim, I wouldn’t think of filing a $0 and an $800 claim. I haven’t had a deductible below $1,500 in over 30 years and it’s as often been $2,500. I find that higher auto deductibles rarely pay off but HO deductible credits are often significant.

Crossing my fingers for my client with Scotsdale. Been told NO by many ES brokers.The deductible doesn't matter with SF now. They're non renewing the client.They had a 1% deductible, which was $2000. OK doesn't have a FAIR plan.

With that many claims in such a short period, the may have to go with the pool policy through the OK MAPS program for 2-3 yrs or more

Back