Home with 5 claims HELP!

Feb 4, 2019

1. Ladeemelie

Ladeemelie Expert

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looking for a home insurance provider for a homeowner in OK. They have 5 claims between 2016-2018. I've checked with all the non-standard markets. Just thought someone may know of a company that will write this home.

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Guru

State:
    Arizona
    What kind of claims and how much was paid on each one? How old is the house? Condition? What company insures them now? Are they facing non-renewal or just not happy with their rates?

3. Ladeemelie

Ladeemelie Expert

State:
    Oklahoma
    They’re being non renewed by SF. 1970 Great condition. 2 water claims ($22,000 together), 1 claim related to one of the water claims but listed as all other claims ($800), a zero $ claim and a hail claim ($18,000). All claims 2016-2018.

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Guru

State:
    Arizona
    Try Nationwide's E&S/Specialty. Used to be Scottsdale Insurance Company. You might have to go through an E&S broker to get to it and it is probably going to be costly and have limitations and high deductibles.

Nationwide E&S/Specialty

5. fed up

fed up Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Has your client tried to offer taking a much higher deductible with SF? Something along the lines of 5% or 10% of dwelling?

fed up, Feb 5, 2019
  6. InsCommentary

InsCommentary Guru

What were the nature/details of the non-weather claims? Have they done anything to prevent reoccurrence? Have they considered bumping their deductible? Unless it was a liability claim, I wouldn’t think of filing a $0 and an $800 claim. I haven’t had a deductible below $1,500 in over 30 years and it’s as often been $2,500. I find that higher auto deductibles rarely pay off but HO deductible credits are often significant.

7. WolfpackAgent

WolfpackAgent Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    If there is a FAIR plan in OK that might be your best bet till some of those claims start dropping off.

8. Ladeemelie

Ladeemelie Expert

State:
    Oklahoma
    Crossing my fingers for my client with Scotsdale. Been told NO by many ES brokers.The deductible doesn't matter with SF now. They're non renewing the client.They had a 1% deductible, which was $2000. OK doesn't have a FAIR plan.

9. Allen Trent

Allen Trent Guru

With that many claims in such a short period, the may have to go with the pool policy through the OK MAPS program for 2-3 yrs or more

10. 1manshow

1manshow Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow....no carriers standing in line to buy another claim...shocking !!