Homeland Limited Benefits Health Insurance Plan

sneaker4404

Hello,

I am thinking of supplementing my HumanaOne Major medical plan with the Homeland4one.com CareNowPlus plan to help pay for maternity/childbirth costs. HumanaOne does cover complications of pregnancy and sick baby, but not the normal costs of childbirth ... which I am aware is not really an illness, it's a choice that I and my wife have made. Still, if there is a way to save thousands of dollars, I'm willing to try.

Does anyone have experience with Homeland4one? Most of the complaints I read seem be based on people not reading what the insurance is... I am aware of it's limited nature and that it's a far cry from major medical insurance. I am mostly interested in the the $1k/day hospital stay coverage, and being in the Multiplan PPO network so I'm not paying retail on everything (I;ve confirmed the OBGYN and hospital are IN network).

My research has lead me to Martin Unger at guanteed health insurance dot com who is selling the homeland4one insurance through AWA. I see AWA has a $75 non-refundanble membership fee.

I've also got a call in to the hospital where we want to deliver... hopefully we can deal on a price up front in cash.

If anyone has experience with Martin, or AWA (affiliated workers association) ... or any other suggestions are welcome!
Thanks,

That is a waste of money.. what state are you in? You and i need to talk right away if someone is selling you Homeland Health.. PM me if you would like to discuss your options in private.

Hello,

I am thinking of supplementing my HumanaOne Major medical plan with the Homeland4one.com CareNowPlus plan to help pay for maternity/childbirth costs. HumanaOne does cover complications of pregnancy and sick baby, but not the normal costs of childbirth ... which I am aware is not really an illness, it's a choice that I and my wife have made. Still, if there is a way to save thousands of dollars, I'm willing to try.

Does anyone have experience with Homeland4one? Most of the complaints I read seem be based on people not reading what the insurance is... I am aware of it's limited nature and that it's a far cry from major medical insurance. I am mostly interested in the the $1k/day hospital stay coverage, and being in the Multiplan PPO network so I'm not paying retail on everything (I;ve confirmed the OBGYN and hospital are IN network).

My research has lead me to Martin Unger at guanteed health insurance dot com who is selling the homeland4one insurance through AWA. I see AWA has a $75 non-refundanble membership fee.

I've also got a call in to the hospital where we want to deliver... hopefully we can deal on a price up front in cash.

If anyone has experience with Martin, or AWA (affiliated workers association) ... or any other suggestions are welcome!
Thanks,

I'd look into whether or not the $1,000/day benefit applies to normal delivery. I'd bet it doesn't:

HOSPITAL BENEFITS
Hospital Admission Benefit: Pays a lump sum Hospital Admission Benefit if an Insured Person is admitted as an inpatient to a Hospital for treatment of a covered Sickness or Injury.

On top of that, the math doesn't even work out. The NPX4 plan that offers the $1,000/day benefit is $539/mo for an individual + spouse. A routine delivery is around $5,000. $539 X 12 months = $6,468.

Last edited:
what state are you in?

Well, he is flying a TX flag.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable using any limited benefit plan for maternity. There are enough vagaries in the information on this plan to give the administrator a lot of wiggle room.

I am in Texas.

> I'd look into whether or not the $1,000/day benefit applies
> to normal delivery. I'd bet it doesn't:

The information I have been provided indicates that the benefits do apply. In the plan document that I have been provided (the plan name is Care Now Plus), it specifically states in the FAQ section : "Is maternity covered on the Limited Benefit Health Plan? Yes, maternity is covered as any other illness". Although, it is a little concerning that the document has "Draft 5.26.10" at the top of all the pages.

The rate in the document says it's around $300/month for an individual (for my wife). I don't need it, so I wouldn't get the family plan at $500+/month.

The plan has 6 x $100 for doctor visits, 3 x $125 for lab tests, + $2000 per day (only for first 3 days, $1000 per day after that) for the insured in hospital + the same for a dependant (if they are put on the plan ... not sure how that works yet... need to research that).

Anyway IF (and that's the real question) the plan pays out $600 + $375 + $4000 + $4000 = $9000 on about $3900 (for wife) + $300 for dependant for 1 month) of premiums, that's $5100 savings.

At this point I am telling myself it's probably too good to be true, and why wouldn't everyone do this?!

Thanks a lot for everyone's opinions so far. If the hospital (Kingwood Medical Center) gets back to me with a price near $5000, I will probably just go that way.

> There are enough vagaries in the information on this plan
> to give the administrator a lot of wiggle room.

That is exactly what I am worried about. I don't have the time to battle insurance companies over claims... I'll pay extra to avoid that nightmare.

I will post the plan document if anyone is interested... I think these are public documents right (Would I get in trouble for doing so)?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also... I am not positive I am reading this right, but Martin has told me verbally and I've seen it on his website pages that the hospital benefit is $2000/day for the first 3 days, then $1000 for each day afterwards.

In the plan, it states :

Hospital Income (max 30 days per confinement - no family limit) : $1000
First Hospital Confinement (amount shown up to 3 days) : $1000.

Does that add up to $2000/day for the first 3 days?

Thanks,

Last edited:
If you're thinking that it's "too good to be true" what has history taught you about things that appear to be "too good to be true."

Do you really think any product is going to be designed so someone can get pregnant, hop on the plan, be ahead thousands of dollars, then drop it after the birth?

I'd be careful proceeding. I'm just trying to give you fair warning. I'd hate you see you spend a few thousand on premiums only to find out later that you're not going to receive the benefits as described.

You can assign benefits if the provider is willing to work with you but you are still responsible for the difference. Many providers will not accept assignment so you may be stuck.

I once overheard a salesman at Sears tell a customer the suction from their lawnmowers was so powerful you had to dial back the throttle to keep from sucking the worms out of the ground.

I have no idea if that kind of information was backed up by Sears or not . . .

This would probably fall under the too good to be true thought process.

Some great advice from experienced agents being given here, take heed.

I would call local hospitals in your area. Ask about their "birthing contracts" and what's covered plus cost. These contracts usually state you agree to have all tests, procedures, birth, and follow ups at that hospital facility.

Back