Hometownquotes.com Leads? Good or Bad?

loginname

Expert
I've been using insureme.com for a few months for life insurance leads. I'm starting to feel like I should just spend my money designing a door hanger and spend 2-3 hours a week walking the neighborhoods to introduce myself to my new town.

Has anyone used Hometownquotes? I would like to find a lead source where the leads are good and exclusive. I'll pay a premium for quality and exclusivity.

Any thoughts?

I have used them. The CEO was nice enough to offer a $100 credit (on this Board) to anyone who tried their service. I took him up on the offer (which again, was very generous).

The leads were good, not great. I ended up using those funds for a different lead service.

Overall, they get a passing grade. B-, I suppose. Then again...they use EHEALTH, so maybe I should knock them down a notch.

Last edited:
I have used them for over a year and have been pleased. We have had our ups & downs and right now I am calling them out on some dirty tactics by at least one of their affiliates.

Lately the volume has increased and the quality has diminished. They have a generous credit policy that offsets the number of junk leads I am getting at this point.

I have pointed out some issues to the CEO and to the head of quality control. I assume they are looking into this based on past experience.

For now at least I will continue to use them. My net cost per lead (after credits) is around $5. They are good for 5 - 6 deals a month based on 100 (gross) leads.

Email me for a referral if you like or just want to discuss in more detail.

Who gets an A grade?

Grade A leads are ones that the agent generates himself. Every thing else is sub-standard!

Buy a list and start calling. There is no magic to getting leads, that is the work part of selling insurance. Those agents who have learned to prospect are the successful ones.

Being organized and able to track all of your leads helps tremendously. I don't purchase leads. I recycle the leads I already have.

I have never understood spending hundreds of dollars each month buying a "lead" that amounts to nothing more than an address and phone number. The same information that is available on a list.

They feed EVERY lead to EHEALTH after selling to 3 or 4 agents.

After you run into 3 or 4 that bought from EHEALTH after being pushed there it is frustrating, or having to tell them why the $10,000 Hospital plan they saw fro $39 is not a great idea.

I can tell you we called their leads a total of 30+ times PER LEAD over 1 month and gross we can close about 1/50 - hardly a good business model.

Tons of bad phone numbers, their filters do not work, and they feed EHEALTH.

They do seem to take credits on bad phone #'s and some other requests.

Bottom line shop around you can probably do better.

There leads are fantastic. I should know as I send many customers their way. I can't speak for all affiliates, but I can speak for our company. I know that there leads are very targeted and direct. They have no problem refunding or crediting invalid leads. As with most lead programs it boils down to the agent working the leads. Not all leads can covert into sales. However, if you don't get too frustrated and continue to set higher goals, you will make sales.

There leads are fantastic. I should know as I send many customers their way. I can't speak for all affiliates, but I can speak for our company. I know that there leads are very targeted and direct. They have no problem refunding or crediting invalid leads. As with most lead programs it boils down to the agent working the leads. Not all leads can covert into sales. However, if you don't get too frustrated and continue to set higher goals, you will make sales.

F28-G-shill.jpg

Back