Honest Feedback - HIS Vs Equita Final Expense Services

Prtzl

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Serious minded only reply -

Howe Insurance Services has a bad wrap on here but, when you look elsewhere, overall, they actually have a good reputation.

Equita has love bugs on this forum sprouting all over the place but when someone does some digging elsewhere, they have some significant negative things said about them - Exec turnover is high, constant changes, commissions affected etc.. But, overall, have a good reputation.

HIS is offering a program of 75% com with "free"(quality) leads. There are no hidden fees for the leads and you get them consistently, weekly - enough to keep you as busy as you want to be.

HIS has a very good training program for new agents as well as ongoing mentoring/training. The owners have a good reputation and there are agents who'v been with them for years. There's even profit sharing and the opportunity to build your own team.

Once being there for a while you can switch over and buy your own leads and start out at 95% - with an increase that consistent with production.

Equita Final Expense Services - offers 100-115% and offer some basic training-online. From what i'v gathered there's not a mentor assigned to you and the "go to person" isn't always available which means a rep can be left twisting in the wind until the famous "Friday" calls. Sure you can get a couple of numbers but, from what I'v gathered, it's definitely not as close knit as Howe Insurance Services.

Equita has some very successful reps. The com is higher but the training is suspect- is mostly self taught online(which is OK). The lead program is kinda iffy. I know they offer something in terms of helping you somewhat but the leads may be questionable. Stories of "fresh" leads really being old tattered ones.

Thoughts?

HIS - excellent training, great lead program for beginners that you can work out of... but the commissions are lower. Good reputation with reps being there for many many years... profit sharing is a good point too..

Equita - Can't dispute very successful reps work with them. Good training but could be better. You may be left out in the cold until "Fri" when it's to late. Good starting commission rate. I believe vested day 1 - pretty certain.

Any thoughts on the two? HIS seems like a good fit for the newbie to the industry.

Why would you think Equita is a good fit for the newbie?

I'll let you talk to any of my agents. I answer the phone or call back within 5 minutes. I respond to texts in house.

Equita has access to a group chat with over 100 producing agents as well.

We have 3 training calls a week, plus whatever training your manager gives you. Take a look at the link in my signature. Equita is not the "wait until Friday" organization. Those exist, but we are not one of them.

I work one on one with my agents to teach them appt setting, door knocking, presentation, replacements, overcoming objections etc.

Our DM card has life insurance and Final expenses in the first line. No free Walmart gift card bait and switch leads like HIS.

Oh and those free leads are free cause they give them to every agent in your area, past, present and future. They are what we called "stepped on aged leads."

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that:

If you go to work with Equita and decide you want to go elsewhere they'll give you a release for any/all of your companies.

If you go to work with HIS and decide you want to go elsewhere they will not give releases.

If you can't get a release you have to do without that company for at least six months. And I think HIS has some non-compete rule that may make that even worse. Like you can't even sign up with a company they offer for a year after you leave, even if you never contracted with that company.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that:

If you go to work with Equita and decide you want to go elsewhere they'll give you a release for any/all of your companies.

If you go to work with HIS and decide you want to go elsewhere they will not give releases.

If you can't get a release you have to do without that company for at least six months. And I think HIS has some non-compete rule that may make that even worse. Like you can't even sign up with a company they offer for a year after you leave, even if you never contracted with that company.

That is correct. I forgot about the non-compete with Howe. I was speaking with an agent one time and they had just signed up, but weren't receiving any training. Just kept complaining about th Walmart leads. Wouldn't make the switch because she was so scared of the non-compete.

That is correct. I forgot about the non-compete with Howe. I was speaking with an agent one time and they had just signed up, but weren't receiving any training. Just kept complaining about th Walmart leads. Wouldn't make the switch because she was so scared of the non-compete.

It looks like a non-compete that restrictive would be illegal. ???

I don't know. If you willingly sign something, that's on you isn't it?

Usually. But it's so restrictive you could probably hire a legal team, pay several million $$$, and win because of right to work laws.

Of course the best thing to do is run quickly in the other direction before signing something like that. :D

If you go with EFES I would demand that you work directly under Joe C from Florida... Or the kid from Mississippi.... If not you are starting out in the hole.

From what i'v gathered there's not a mentor assigned to you and the "go to person" isn't always available which means a rep can be left twisting in the wind until the famous "Friday" calls.

You should go be an employee somewhere. You'll have goofy managers following you everywhere, no 'twisting in the wind'. Some have comprehensive training programs, sounds like you'll find it valuable. I think Mungia said he started at NYL.

Back