Hoping to swing my first deal!!!

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by NHB_MMA, Sep 27, 2006.

1. NHB_MMA

NHB_MMA Guru

Talked to a business owner a few days ago, introduced to me by my best friend, about a NYL whole life program and I'm hoping I can write the first deal with a nice start to my second insurance career attempt (first was NASE and NHIC so maybe they don't count).

He initially said he would be comfortable with a figure around $200 per month, but then suggested he might go to $300-$400 and pay for it through his LLC. Anyway, that would max my training allowance out for the first month and get me off to a real good start.

I want to be optimistic, yet realistic. Any advice on the mindset you should have when you might potentially have a large deal?

2. STIBROKER

STIBROKER The Guy that GREENSKY can't not put on ignore. Moderator

State:
    Texas
    don't talk about deals that you have not closed yet....you will curse yourself....

3. James

James Guru

I'm confused? Where are you at exactly on the deal?

4. NHB_MMA

NHB_MMA Guru

Thanks for the advice. I know I have to not get too excited.

5. NHB_MMA

NHB_MMA Guru

I have a preliminary lunch meeting where my manager and I explained the concept and how it could be used in conjunction with his business, etc. I mailed out information to him yesterday. I am supposed to meet him Saturday morning where he'll make a final decision according to his e-mail he sent.

6. STIBROKER

State:
    Texas
    man I had a client do that to me once.....bought him lunch....then two weeks later...no go.....

7. insurebob

insurebob Expert

Two salesmen are sitting in the office one afternoon, just before the office closed.

One said to the other, "Yeah, I really got a lot of great leads, found out a lot of information about my prospects this week, I'm really excited!"

To which the other rep replied, "Yeah, I didn't sell anything this week, either."

These are the same people who think they're working when they're at Office Depot.

8. MIBizInsurance

MIBizInsurance Guru

9. somarco

somarco That Medicare Guy

State:
    Georgia
    Watch Glengarry Glen Ross . . . then come back & tell us what you have learned about closing deals.

10. STIBROKER

State:
    Texas
    but hey..I do have some good news...my deck is coming along nicley.....after years of hard work in the insurance indy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]