Horse Market

MJ1

Horse Market- This is a untapped market, I find that the average policy premium for auto and home is about $1000.00 more and I get the opportunity to up sell other coverages. I get good referrals from this market. I have also been invited to speak at horse club meetings. To access this market I set up a table at different horse events in my area, I am also going to start setting up a table at different feed stores on Saturdays. I am trying to start a direct mail campaign.

Coverage you can sell to the horse market:
Livestock Liability
Medical/surgery
Mortality
Business- stable, riding lessons, trail riding clubs

Anybody else have imput on this market

Horse Market- This is a untapped market, I find that the average policy premium for auto and home is about $1000.00 more and I get the opportunity to up sell other coverages. I get good referrals from this market. I have also been invited to speak at horse club meetings. To access this market I set up a table at different horse events in my area, I am also going to start setting up a table at different feed stores on Saturdays. I am trying to start a direct mail campaign.

Livestock Liability
Medical/surgery
Mortality

Anybody else have imput on this market

I didn't know horses could read. :goofy:

Yet another niche market that you could do well with. I use to sell gift merchandise at horse expos, and met some of the nicest people. I also found that many horse owners tend to be self-employed, at least the ones with the $25,000 plus horses.

I helped a friend of mine re-locate to Ocala Florida once, and had the pleasure of driving two of their racing horses in my trailer. One was worth $200,000, and the other was $300,000. Talk about being nervous behind the wheel. They bought into this 60 acre operation with a common track and boarding facility in the middle, shared by three other owners. Each owner had 5 acres to build on. The horses lived a better life than I did.

</IMG>

Other horse market ideas

-Put logo with number on the side of Ferrier's truck's (these are guys who travel from horse owner to horse owner, shoeing their horses)
-Sponsor riding clubs
-put sign at riding and event arena's
-Newsletter to horse owners
-Advertise in riding clubs newsletter
-Attend horse sales
-Give Insurance semianars to local horse clubs, and equine college programs.

Economic Impact of the Horse Industry on the U.S. Economy-
$112.1 Billion
Number of Americans Involved in the Horse Industry-
7.1 million
Number of Full-Time Jobs Provided by the Horse Industry-
1.4 million
Number of Horses
6.9 million
Total Taxes Paid
$1.9 Billion

Horse Industry Statistics
http://www.horsecouncil.org/ahcstats.html

Last edited:
Had my first day at a feed store, went well, I set up a table with some promotional material. I set two appts. and got three leads for other products. Not too bad for about six hours of table time. In my opinion!
BTW, I also look over their bulletin board for business cards of horse businesses in the area. I then add these to my ACT database to compile for a mailing campaign.

Wow, now there is something I've never even knew existed!

Living in the middle of Texas, I just might have to look more into this...thanks for the idea!

Livestock Liability
Medical/surgery
Mortality

I am new to the forum. Could someone help me understand the horse market. I am just getting my P&C now. What are you selling this niche exactly? Is the insurance on the animals at all or is this medical/surgery and mortality on the horse owners.

I feel like a fool for having to ask this question. I am sorry for sounding ignorant

thank you

I grew up in the horse market i.e redneck market (El Campo Texas)...they are just like anyone else....they believe in insurance or they don't......

Back