House Fires, Dead Spouse, etc....

Working on setting some appointments for mortgage protection and this is the second time I've encountered this ....

Calling aged leads and a spouse says:
  • House just burned down
  • Spouse just died
Not sure if they are lying or serious but let's just say it's serious.....

What does this mean exactly?

I would check the local newspaper obits and drive to the house to verify it has burned down.

So you’re saying, in the event they are telling the truth either could be verified.

If they are telling the truth can they really even be helped though? A spouse who was seeking mortgage protection hypothetically dies before said protection is in place?

Or As DHK mentioned in the event they are lying it just is a way to say no without saying no.

Suppose they lied.

What are you going to do about it? Call them out on it?

It's a 'no'. NEXT!

Ok I can't tell the tone of ds4 post - so I guess he was just being facetious.....and apparently I'm not that great of a lie detector either.

I just can't see myself filling out info request cards then when someone contacts me about said info I answer the phone and pretend to be dead. So it's catching me off guard when people are doing this.

So you're saying basically if someone says their spouse just died or their house just burned down then 99.9% of the time they are lying? Just say ok, condolences, then end the call right

Working on setting some appointments for mortgage protection and this is the second time I've encountered this ....

Calling aged leads and a spouse says:
  • House just burned down
  • Spouse just died
Not sure if they are lying or serious but let's just say it's serious.....

What does this mean exactly?

Means you are first in line for Mortgage Protection on the replacement house. (Or the new renter's policy.)

And, depending on what the spouse died of, a new Cancer or Hospital Indemnity policy.

Maybe even an FE policy.

sounds like buying signals to me. all the industry surveys state people are much more prone to buy or plan to buy life insurance during specific life events such as death in their network, marriage, birth of child or experiencing a near death event.

I would say there is no way you can mess up this guaranteed sale. I would call back & say it must be fate that you had called.....................Good luck & report back how it goes

PS--Lexus Nexus even sells leads for these events that they gather from hundreds of public & not so public sources.

Back