How about Identifying Yourselves?

moonlightandmargaritas said:
Wow 007, I'm so disappointed. I thought you were going to be Bond - James Bond.
:mrgreen: Sorry Chief..............but I do have a rather cool car...........................(does it matter its just a Match Box one?)

MY name is Mike Gattorna. Orig from Chicago and now in Kansas City (story best told over a beer).

I have been in the insurance biz since 2003. Started with Mega, then a broker (health mainly), then a little bit of mortgage protection in the mix, and now with Humana mainly in the Senior Market.

Have a wife and a 4 year old lives with my x / his mom but I have him weekends.

When I am not selling insurnace, I am playing paintball, buiding dragsters or watching my wife spend money (and realizing that I need to sell some more).

Nice to chat with all of you, no matter how warped some of you are (why I feel like I fit in)!!!

Hailing from Wisconsin!

Well, I figured it was time to stop reading all your post and actually introduce myself, hate to be rude :D

My name is Nate Ackerman, started in insurance 4 years ago with......drum rolls...Mega Life and Scam...

Good for me I found someone who had been in the business forever and took the time to listen to my comments and concerns that I was having with Mega after a grand total of 4-5 months, then after a bit of thought I left them and went to American Republic Insurance with a few other former Mega agents to form up a agency in our town.

Things went well for a year, sold a lot, did good enough to get a house, with nice little separate office next to the house with parking and all that jazz, nice little set up actually.

Then I went the rout of being an independent agent, one which I've wish I would have started out at...but can't discredit all the education learned along the way I suppose...

I'm also married to a cute little chemist, with a 6 month old son, who is still trying to learn about that crawling thing. =)

Also a black belt in Shoulin Kempo Karate, ( Helps with this sometimes stressful industry) and a Marine with the 2/24 Marine Reserves.

By default I am mainly in health insurance, starting to study the life side of the house a bit more now that I want to get involved in the financial planning aspect of my clients lives.

I hope to some day build this agency into a full service, multi-line agency group.

Thanks for putting up a forum like this, I think that it's great that we can meet and learn from each other in a manner such as this.

Rock on!

Nate Ackerman

The Badger Planning Group
125 N. Grove St.
Reedsburg, WI 53959

Badger-Quotes.com

Stevuke

My name is Steven (Shlomo) Druckman.

I've been doing this for 2 years and am relatively new to the business; a 27 year old agent from NY. I am with a small boutique firm, Blinken Carr, LLC. I do mostly individual planning, LI, DI & LTC.

Married for 2 years, no kids yet but soon.

I have an analytical bend and I generally appreciate most of the LEAP System. For 3 years prior I was an advertising salesman in a boiler-room; toughened me up.

I love what I do. I am so passionate about this. I cannot wait to get out of bed in the morning.

(If I'm a bit aggressive in my posts, that's why.)

John Petrowski in Baltimore Maryland. I started out in 2003 coming out of 16 years of sales. I got lured into UGA aka Mega Life. I spent 8 months selling Mega before my realization that I wasn't happy at all selling their products.

I quit and went independent and never looked back. All I sell is individual health with my main carriers being Assurant, Golden Rule, Aetna and BCBS.

I'm 39, have been married 9 years and have a 5 year old son. I actually just started coaching his soccer team last week - what a blast.

My main marketing techniques are B to B, fliers, doorhangers and referrals. Although I'm an Assurant GA and Golden Rule Key Broker I have always loved writing personal business.

My agency is Health Solutions
http://marylandquotes.com
410-870-0738

My name is Tim Eubanks ( EUBANKS) I started in the insurance biz in 2003, I come from a medical back ground with a degree in surgical technology, I had about 16-17 years worth of sales experience before going into insurance. which in it self is a long story

I am married to a wonderful woman, Kim is a hospice nurse and we have three great kids, our son is 5 and the twins (girls) just turned 2 in July.

We live in Greenville N.C and I work form home.

I serve as an elder and sm.group ministry leader at our church and will eventually pursue a theology degree of some type to able to further GodÂ’s kingdom.

I run a small agency and am lic. In NC, SC, and Ala.

I have made many friends from the old forum and I look forward making many more here on the new board.
God Bless you all

Tim

My name is Kyle Henson--Kyle from old forum

Started in 2001 with UA...got smart 6 months later and been indy since, selling strictly Medigap. I am just now branching out into indivudal health also.

Stomping ground is Delaware...10 years. Age 33 married 6 years no runts yet.

Insurance is what I do...but not who I am.

I am working on my ministerial license with the United Pentecostal Church and am selling insurance to support my family and ministry. My real calling is teaching home bible studies on Endtime (current world events as they relate to biblical prophecy). Insurance is simply THE best industry for ministers--flexible schedule and residuals.

Recreation includes basketball, backpacking.

Thanks melmunch and moderators for this forum.

Kyle

This is a good thread. I thought IÂ’d fire it back up again.

My name is Steve Youngblood, hailing from West-Central Wisconsin. My wife and I have been married (first and only for both of us!) for 14 years, and together we are raising our two kids – girl, 11 and boy, 9.

I spent much of my adult life writing music in Nashville, TN (mostly jingles & advertising,) and then heading a sales and marketing division of a national food manufacturer & distributor. The past few years IÂ’ve been (and am still) marketing and selling Steinway & Sons Pianos. ThatÂ’s what brought me to Wisconsin.

For quite a few months now, IÂ’ve been gearing up to get into the insurance business. Classwork is pretty much out of the way, testing is almost complete, and my business plan is almost in its final form. I intend to start with a captive group here within the next few weeks. Training and mentoring is top-notch with them, and I look forward to all that is to come!

When I got out of college 25 years ago, I was really excited to move to Tennessee and start my first career. Making this transition in the next few weeks is the very first time IÂ’ve felt that excitement since then!

David Fluker, originally from rural western New York now living in Gilroy (The Garlic Capital LOL) California.

Started in financial services back in 1995 with Waddell & Reed, moved to Northwestern Mutual and then to MassMutual but found my real calling in health insurance.

Being a bit of a renegade, I do mostly individual & family with a lot of guaranteed-issue HIPAA, Major Risk and so on as well as underwritten when I can get a healthy client ;-) The carriers so love my cases! Mostly BC CA but remain independent and look for the best fit from the four carriers I use here - BC, BS (they are separate in CA), Health Net & Kaiser (used to do PCare but not with the new UHC contract - no vesting).

I am a reservist with the Air Force and do my monthly training at Travis AFB in Fairfield, CA. We are going on annual tour to Germany this summer and we usually have a nice 2-week tour every year.

For those from the south, I have two dogs, a boxer/chow mix and a treeing walker coonhound. They are so much fun and I spoil the heck out of them.

I enjoy health insurance as a career, work from an office in my home, and can't really see myself doing anything else. I use my website to attract prospects and it does well with over 4500 visitors a month.

Dave

Back