How am I Doing?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Ed Koch, former mayor of NY, used to walk around town asking folks he would pass and ask, "How am I doing?".

He was one of the most popular mayors in recent years.

I have looked at surveys more than once but have yet to pull the trigger. Looking at surveys for prospective clients as well as established clients.

Constant Contact has a survey form, but haven't really studied it to see what it offers.

Speed Survey arrived in my mailbox from a vendor which brought this to the surface.

Do you use surveys? In what way? How much do you invest? How well do they work?

FWIW, I send out a newsletter to clients & prospective clients about every 3 weeks. That usually results in 1 - 2 sales.

I can't speak for everyone, but surveys in general turn me off. I feel that I'm busy enough, why do these people think I have the time to fill out the survey. On the flip side, if I was unhappy enough, I would either fill out the survey or take my business elsewhere (it's tough to find time to fill out a survey when I'm posting on this forum).

...On the flip side, if I was unhappy enough, I would either fill out the survey...

I agree.

There is a danger in putting too much stock in the results of a survey. One may be doing everything right, do a survey that is only answered by disgruntled people and all of a sudden think that major changes need to be made.

A successful, well experienced agent will know if and when changes need to be made. A survey should not be necessary.

Bob has the right idea. Instead of wasting your client's/prospect's time filling out a survey, stay in contact with them on a regular basis. Not only does that generate new business it is extremely important in keeping the business you already have.

The other danger in doing a survey is if someone makes a suggestion and you don't make that change it tends to piss them off and make them feel as though they wasted their time. As in, "if you are not going to take my advice then why did you ask?"

(it's tough to find time to fill out a survey when I'm posting on this forum).

Easy solution.

But first, would you mind answering a few questions for me . . . ?

The other danger in doing a survey is if someone makes a suggestion and you don't make that change it tends to piss them off and make them feel as though they wasted their time.

Frank, good suggestion.

Not saying I will use it, but wanted you to feel appreciated none the less . . .

Ed Koch, former mayor of NY, used to walk around town asking folks he would pass and ask, "How am I doing?".

He was one of the most popular mayors in recent years.

I have looked at surveys more than once but have yet to pull the trigger. Looking at surveys for prospective clients as well as established clients.

Constant Contact has a survey form, but haven't really studied it to see what it offers.

Speed Survey arrived in my mailbox from a vendor which brought this to the surface.

Do you use surveys? In what way? How much do you invest? How well do they work?

FWIW, I send out a newsletter to clients & prospective clients about every 3 weeks. That usually results in 1 - 2 sales.

I got a question for you. How long do you email prospects for appointment requests before you decide to simply put them in a newsletter campaign? Please define your newsletter campaign. I have been using constant contact for a little while now and I have leads that are just cold as ice. You say you are getting 1-2 sales from your email efforts. Do you mean to say they call and do an app from an informative newsletter about health insurance in general you send every 3 weeks or is your newsletter tying to get them interested to call and speak about putting a plan together?

Also, before the newsletter and during your solicitaion process (first few emails), have you or do you simply email them quotes of your top pics based on their lead information? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
How long do you email prospects for appointment requests before you decide to simply put them in a newsletter campaign?

I send out my newsletter about every 3 weeks. Some prospects will get a newsletter the same day they complete a request for quote while others may not see a newsletter for 3 weeks.

In the interim I call and email information relative to their request. Unless they have a bum email address, or have specifically asked to be removed, they will receive as many as half a dozen emails from me including a proposal, autoresponder follow up and the newsletter.

Do you mean to say they call and do an app from an informative newsletter about health insurance

The newsletter is geared toward insurance and usually health insurance. It will contain information that is timely and hopefully mildly entertaining and informative.

I get several inquiries, mostly from folks who are still kicking tires but occasionally from a client who wants to look at making changes to their plan or perhaps buying other coverage such as life.

And yes, I do get, on average, 1 - 2 sales per newsletter.

My most recent newsletter went out 2 days ago. It was sent to 462 people. The numbers were, 19 bounced (bum email), 5 opted out, 77 opened, 13 clicked thru to links. So far 2 people have called to say they still had not made up their mind but are almost ready to make a decision.

Of the click through's, 57% went to an article I penned on paying less and getting more and 26% went to my Bare Bones site that has generated criticism from some on this board.

Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of my recent newsletter.

The newsletter is geared toward insurance and usually health insurance. It will contain information that is timely and hopefully mildly entertaining and informative.

I get several inquiries, mostly from folks who are still kicking tires but occasionally from a client who wants to look at making changes to their plan or perhaps buying other coverage such as life.

And yes, I do get, on average, 1 - 2 sales per newsletter.

My most recent newsletter went out 2 days ago. It was sent to 462 people. The numbers were, 19 bounced (bum email), 5 opted out, 77 opened, 13 clicked thru to links. So far 2 people have called to say they still had not made up their mind but are almost ready to make a decision.

Of the click through's, 57% went to an article I penned on paying less and getting more and 26% went to my Bare Bones site that has generated criticism from some on this board.

Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of my recent newsletter.

Bob, 26% of going to website means nothing, Its a link, people click on links, I would never send any of my clients to such a website, Its just not professional in my opinion. Just really creepy and Dark. Have you checked the spelling and grammar mistakes? Fragmented Sentences? I would run it through Spell Check and fix the poor grammar and spelling.

Last edited:
Back