How Are Successful Agents Balancing Their Time?

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
How are successful agents balancing their time?

How many hours do you work per day/week? How many of those ares are you spending networking, marketing, accounting, backend filing, sales, working leads. etcc...

What is the successful agents time balance?

How are successful agents balancing their time? How many hours do you work per day/week? How many of those ares are you spending networking, marketing, accounting, backend filing, sales, working leads. etcc... What is the successful agents time balance?

Define successful.

You have to figure out what works for you.

I have at least 2 networking meetings a week. (One is scheduled weekly, one is new)

I meet with clients Tues, Wed, Thurs. MAYBE Mondays. But not usually.

Emails/Calls between 8-10 and 4-5. (I try to respond to everyone by COB)

Fridays are in the office, no meetings. All the "work" is done. Follow-ups are done. Meetings for the next week scheduled. Monday morning for any clean-up. (Some people are better at scheduling on Monday morning).

But a lot of this depends on what you sell. This is for health (group/indy/med supps) and is typical for me Feb-Oct. From Oct 15-Dec 15, I have 12 meetings a day (via phone) and work til midnight responding to emails. Its lots of fun.

If you ask the FE guys, they work nights and weekends. I stop at 5pm.

My mentor gave me the Friday idea years ago, to keep me in front of people during the week and not getting bogged down with the crap. I have group clients who start conversations with "Can you put this on the Friday list?". And people are happier on Fridays and more open to scheduling meetings or closing the deal.

How are successful agents balancing their time?

How many hours do you work per day/week? How many of those ares are you spending networking, marketing, accounting, backend filing, sales, working leads. etcc...

What is the successful agents time balance?

Schedule the big rocks of your life in first. When you work... WORK!

No Brown Days | Success Calendars

The link above is for Wayne Cotton's version of having focus days. Frank Sullivan spoke about focus days, buffet days, and free days. Wayne just puts his own spin on it.

Once you have a general design, THEN you figure out the hours you work on those particular days and how you will engineer your career for the success you want.

Man you folks work hard. My day consisted of getting out of bed at 8:30 am. I ate some breakfast and then strolled about 20 steps to my office. Checked emails and had two referrals. One for health insurance and the other for a Med Supp and PDP. Sent Health Sherpa link to the one and sent Med Supp rate and PDP comparison to the other.

Wrote myself a payroll check for April. Then took a shower, shaved, brushed my teeth. Walked back to my office and checked email and voice mail. Had two calls to return. Left to go to the bank, get gas and grab some lunch. Got home and took the dogs out and spent about 30 minutes scooping leaves out of the pool and hooking up the Kreepy Krauly.

Came in and checked emails and voice mails. One more voice mail. Took care of adding a dependent to existing plan. Fooled around on this forum throughout the day. Went back outside and fooled around with the pool.

Somewhere between 4:00-4:30 decided to call it a day. I'm guessing tomorrow will look much like today. Although it may include some time at the driving range weather permitting.

Monday through Friday (sometimes Saturday):

6AM: Wake up
6AM-7:30AM: Exercise/Eat/Get Ready/Prep Leads and Book/Forum
7:30AM-9AM: Drive time first appointment
9AM-4PM or 8PM: Run my appointments; 2-3 days a week are a late week
9AM-8PM: Take phone calls from agents wanting placement assistance, sales advice, etc.
8PM-9:30PM: Reply to emails/Forum

Sunday:

Between 2 and 6 hours: Fax in my applications for the week, update lead spreadsheet, prep next week's work, catch up on anything I missed.

I love what I do; I start feeling rusty and useless after two days off from field work, or if I get home by 5PM.

Monday through Friday (sometimes Saturday):

6AM: Wake up
6AM-7:30AM: Exercise/Eat/Get Ready/Prep Leads and Book/Forum
7:30AM-9AM: Drive time first appointment
9AM-4PM or 8PM: Run my appointments; 2-3 days a week are a late week
9AM-8PM: Take phone calls from agents wanting placement assistance, sales advice, etc.
8PM-9:30PM: Reply to emails/Forum

Sunday:

Between 2 and 6 hours: Fax in my applications for the week, update lead spreadsheet, prep next week's work, catch up on anything I missed.

I love what I do; I start feeling rusty and useless after two days off from field work, or if I get home by 5PM.

That is some serious work.

BTW I have read some of your posts on the Warrior Forum. Are you still doing any uniform sales?

Define successful.

Let's say making 100k a year net, that's a fairly easy goal right?

Successful to me is maintaining that or growing each year.

Are you making all networking for sales/prospect only? How many events would you say is the max you will go per week (not client meetings, but events to meet new people or to talk to other referral groups)

Let's say making 100k a year net, that's a fairly easy goal right? Successful to me is maintaining that or growing each year. Are you making all networking for sales/prospect only? How many events would you say is the max you will go per week (not client meetings, but events to meet new people or to talk to other referral groups)

Super easy lol.

Let's say making 100k a year net, that's a fairly easy goal right?

For some, yes. For most, no.

According to the BLS, the median annual salary for insurance agents was $48,210 in 2013. The best-paid 10 percent made more than $117,830, while the lowest-paid 10 percent made less than $26,030.

Are you making all networking for sales/prospect only? How many events would you say is the max you will go per week (not client meetings, but events to meet new people or to talk to other referral groups)

I go to ZERO networking events. But then again, I've been at this for nearly 26 years with the last 17 being as an independent. I won't share my income here on the forum, but suffice it to say I wouldn't have stuck with it this long for the median income listed above.

Back