How are we expected to sell?

"I need advice."
"I don't want to hear that."
"I'm out."

Feels like I've seen this movie before.
Can you say "Mah"? :)

However, I didn't take her final post the way it seems most of you did.. I thought she was saying, OK, I'm done (I have the information I needed) and I am off to start my journey (off to put what I have learned to work making a living)..

Last edited:
Can you say "Mah"? :)

However, I didn't take her final post the way it seems most of you did.. I thought she was saying, OK, I'm done (I have the information I needed) and I am off to start my journey (off to put what I have learned to work making a living)..

That is exactly the way I took it too. She asked a lot of questions and is now off to start putting the answers she received and new found knowledge to use.

That's the way I read it anyway.

Paralysis by Analysis. That's my diagnosis.

Analysis paralysis - Wikipedia

Rick

I saw this phrase on the forum one day and knew this was my problem exactly. I was so well trained in what I could not do that I was terrified of making a mistake.

Consider this: you may very well make a mistake but it probably won't be as bad as you think it will. And, as one agent pointed out in a past post, if you don't know everything that's okay - the customer doesn't know that.

That being said, there is a massive amount of experience and knowledge in this forum. If you haven't looked already, do some searches and see what you find. I come here often to absorb all I can.

Maybe I'm wrong but most of these agents seem to have known each other for years so there's no way that familiarity won't come through in the conversations.

Oh yeh, another agent I met on here told me sales is 20% what you know and 80% marketing (I think that's how it went). She told me I just needed to get in front of people and start talking. She was right.

That being said, there is a massive amount of experience and knowledge in this forum. If you haven't looked already, do some searches and see what you find. I come here often to absorb all I can.

Non-agent-so you can take this for whatever it is worth, but my comment is:

Good work on your part.

I saw this phrase on the forum one day and knew this was my problem exactly. I was so well trained in what I could not do that I was terrified of making a mistake.

Consider this: you may very well make a mistake but it probably won't be as bad as you think it will. And, as one agent pointed out in a past post, if you don't know everything that's okay - the customer doesn't know that.

Maybe I'm wrong but most of these agents seem to have known each other for years so there's no way that familiarity won't come through in the conversations.

Oh yeh, another agent I met on here told me sales is 20% what you know and 80% marketing (I think that's how it went). She told me I just needed to get in front of people and start talking. She was right.

This would be great but she didn’t want info. She wanted to hear answers that only she thought were correct already.

She’s long gone

[

Youre absolutely correct. I’ll be lurking and reading... lots and lots of great info here.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience, and knowledge with me! All my (endless!) questions were answered. Now I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

-Me

[

Youre absolutely correct. I’ll be lurking and reading... lots and lots of great info here.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience, and knowledge with me! All my (endless!) questions were answered. Now I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

-Me
Knock 'em dead!

[

-Me
Go make it happen!

Back