How Are You Handling Your Customer Service?

GOVERNER

Expert
How are you handling your customer service as your book grows and you begin to realize that you cant handle the current workload?

I dont want to hire a full time CSR right now, but I realize I am doing so much tedious service requests versus selling new business. What have most of you found to be good working solutions?

One thing I am relentless on is email...I " train" everyone possible to contact me by email. Most people love it. That way, if you carry a blackberry, iphone, droid,etc. you can get your requests, prioritize them and respond when you have time.

Over the years this has helped tremendously with service requests and the such. Let technology be your friend!

I agree , I am a big believer in email verus them calling me allday! Its a matter of training clients . My goal is just to keep my overhead low, problem is its tough sell and service a growing book!

One thing I am relentless on is email...I " train" everyone possible to contact me by email. Most people love it. That way, if you carry a blackberry, iphone, droid,etc. you can get your requests, prioritize them and respond when you have time.

Over the years this has helped tremendously with service requests and the such. Let technology be your friend!

Amen brother...

No doubt...just stay very organized in your approach. Know when and how to get time wasters of the phone and out of your office. I'm in p&c and 5 years ago I stopped accepting cash payments in my office...best move I ever made in business! I don't have People hanging around burning up my time anymore...for the most part anyway.

@BTFuzz , do you employ CSR's now?

@MGriff. Email is great , but dont you lose soemthing by not having the customer interaction?

@BTFuzz , do you employ CSR's now?

@MGriff. Email is great , but dont you lose soemthing by not having the customer interaction?

They can still call me during normal hours or leave me a voice mail after hours,,or email me anytime.

I answer emails just about anytime I'm awake.

@BTFUZZ , and your current business model is working I take it?

Do you take advantage of the call centers for the carriers, directing your clients to call them?

I am just a bit nervous about my time constraints going solo. I already work crazy hours !!

@BTFUZZ , and your current business model is working I take it?

Do you take advantage of the call centers for the carriers, directing your clients to call them?

I am just a bit nervous about my time constraints going solo. I already work crazy hours !!

Yes and yes...be very precise in what you want people to do as far as contacting you. I have a monthly newsletter that I distribute that I've always hammered this point home in. Not to mention all other client contacts I have.

No doubt it can get crazy, but you gotta be a good manager to make it work IMO.

Latest posts

Back