How Can a New Independent Agent Get an Appointment or LAH.

Hi, I'm relatively new to this forum.

I've acquired my LAH license (New York), and renewed it. I would need an appointment from an Insurer to sell insurance, but I also want to be Independent, thus offering the best products to my prospective clients, on a commission basis.

I want to focus on Life, Accident and Health, and eventually work my way into being a Financial Adviser.

Any insight in the best way to do this.

If you want to become a financial advisor, I would find one locally, who you can create an alliance with. This is what I did and it worked out beautifully for my career. When I meet with clients, who need financial services other than life insurance, we work together and get them the solutions they need. If you get your securities license, then you can participate in the commissions with your advisor alliance.

When I started out, he gave me a goal of setting two appointments per day, for some time in the near future. If you do this everyday, then eventually, you will always have two appointments per day. It'd be hard to fail with this strategy.

I started with all the contacts in my phone, asked each appointment for 5 referrals, and it just "snowballed" from there.

Back