How Can I Get a Hard Copy of 2016 Medicare and You?

Does anyone have a "tried and true" way to receive a 2016 Medicare and You book? I used to use my mother's but she passed on so that's a no go. I also have gone to the local SS office and they said they don't get the hard copy anymore.
I called Medicare for a copy of the 2014 and felt like I was "interviewed" by a civil servant as to why I needed one. The request was granted but the Medicare and Me booklet didn't arrive for many months.

I always download the booklet but there are times when having the hard copy to review with the potential client can't be beat.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Does anyone have a "tried and true" way to receive a 2016 Medicare and You book? I used to use my mother's but she passed on so that's a no go. I also have gone to the local SS office and they said they don't get the hard copy anymore.
I called Medicare for a copy of the 2014 and felt like I was "interviewed" by a civil servant as to why I needed one. The request was granted but the Medicare and Me booklet didn't arrive for many months.

I always download the booklet but there are times when having the hard copy to review with the potential client can't be beat.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Steal your neighbor's.:)

Years ago Medicare used to send them out as long as you could prove you are a Medicare Beneficiary. Now, to the best of my knowledge, the only option is to download it and print it out yourself. If you know a good printer, they could print it out and bind it for you in booklet form.

Nothing is logical in our new technological world!

Great question, thanks

Years ago Medicare used to send them out as long as you could prove you are a Medicare Beneficiary. Now, to the best of my knowledge, the only option is to download it and print it out yourself. If you know a good printer, they could print it out and bind it for you in booklet form.

Nothing is logical in our new technological world!

Great question, thanks

My mom gets one every year without asking and I steal hers when she's not looking.:yes:

As a Medicare beneficiary, my Mom also receives a print copy. Medicare.gov says they can be ordered by calling 1800Medicare. I do see a way to order it online although it will be a Large Print format (might even be better haha).

From Medicare.gov go under the "Forms, Help, & Resources" menu. The featured publication on the next screen will likely be the 2016 "Medicare & You" handbook. Ignore that and search for it in the keyword box. The next screen should give you the option to order either the audio CD (seriously) or Large Print. I didn't complete the order process so I couldn't tell you if there's a charge.

I have 10 copies of the 2015 version, I think they came with one of the carrier's paper apps (maybe MOO?). Maybe you could call a med supp carrier and ask them for some?

I called CMS last month and told them I was an agent and wanted one on hand to help clients with it. I received my copy in the mail after about a week and a half.

I have 10 copies of the 2015 version, I think they came with one of the carrier's paper apps (maybe MOO?). Maybe you could call a med supp carrier and ask them for some?

That's a new one on me. I know they send the Choosing a Medigap booklet, but I haven't seen a Med Supp carrier providing the Medicare and You booklet.

Back