How Can Insurance Company Raise my Rate 22% for 2015 when I Bought It on Healthcare.gov?

tenyks

I went and re-enrolled on Healthcare.gov just now.

My subsidy remained the same. However, the same plan now costs 22% more than what I paid in 2014. How can they raise my rate when I haven't even used the plan even once during 2014? (as in the insurance card never left my purse and they didnt' have to pay a penny)

All the other 105 plans also seemed to have gone up in price. But in the end, I stayed with the same 2014 one.

At this rate, won't my rates basically double within 5 years? :( Why isn't my subsidy rising 22% to cover it?

Thansk!

This is why its important you use an agent, who would have been happy to explain it to you.

Where are you located? Most cities and states are represented here.

My subsidy remained the same. However, the same plan now costs 22% more than what I paid in 2014. How can they raise my rate when I haven't even used the plan even once during 2014? (as in the insurance card never left my purse and they didnt' have to pay a penny)

All the other 105 plans also seemed to have gone up in price. But in the end, I stayed with the same 2014 one.

At this rate, won't my rates basically double within 5 years? :( Why isn't my subsidy rising 22% to cover it?

Thansk!

No offense... Your kidding right? The cause is Barack Hussian Obama and the democrats..... Jeez....

Thansk!

Welcome to Obamacare.. People were warned that this would be result but they did not listen. While your card did not leave your wallet, you really should say thanks to all the hard working people whose money did leave their wallet to pay your subsidy.

Why isn't my subsidy raising to cover it? It's a donation from tax payers and your complaining it's not enough.

And an agent is free............

Not exactly true.

A knowledgeable agent can not only save you time and frustration but money. The *** that said buying health insurance online was as easy as ordering an airline ticket hasn't bought an airline ticket in at least 6 years.

Why isn't my subsidy raising to cover it? It's a donation from tax payers and your complaining it's not enough.

Lol, I had someone legitimately ANGRY at me the other day because he didn't qualify for a subsidy. He's a single man in his early 40s. No dependents, no wife, noone to be responsible for. He makes 60k a year.

"Are you f*cking joking me? You jokers wanna charge me 700 a month for insurance, yet won't give me any help to pay for this garbage???"

He seriously lost his sh*t and I had to figure out a way to weasel myself out of his home. I thought he would get violent.

Back