How did you start out?

studentagent

How did you start out selling insurance? What type of company did you work for? How many hours did you work a week? If you could do anything differently what would it be? Why did you start working in insurance? What was the worst type of company you have worked for, and what was the best? I'm looking to start selling insurance so wanted to know about others experiences!

1. got tired of working 6 days a week in car business
2. debit route collecting prem and selling small face policies
3. about 32-40 hours half day on Fri. thought I had died & gone to Heaven.
4. to own a strip club in Las Vegas
5. worst kind was debit route best has been independent my rules my way;)

1. got tired of working 6 days a week in car business
2. debit route collecting prem and selling small face policies
3. about 32-40 hours half day on Fri. thought I had died & gone to Heaven.
4. to own a strip club in Las Vegas
5. worst kind was debit route best has been independent my rules my way;)

If you ever need financing for number 4 let me know...

g1316.jpg

I got my license through Combined Insurance Company but quit a few weeks later after I realized that the position had been seriously misrepresented. (I do have to say though that their licensing training was excellent.) I kept my life and health license but did not really get started selling until I went to work with Humana in 2005 selling Medicare Advantage plans and Part D.

Someone said sales is the highest paid hard work and the lowest paid easy work and insurance is certainly no exception to that.

How did you start out selling insurance? What type of company did you work for? How many hours did you work a week? If you could do anything differently what would it be? Why did you start working in insurance? What was the worst type of company you have worked for, and what was the best? I'm looking to start selling insurance so wanted to know about others experiences!
I was sick and tied of making $8/hour working 2 jobs motel and restaurant.
It was a so called union company American Income Life.
I worked till i wrote an application sometimes 60+/week including Saturdays.
I would hook up with an Independent Agent who has survived for at least 5years, get under his wings and learn from them.
Worst company AIL, best Independent broker setting my own rules writing my own pay check.

Back