How do I get 24 hours of CE when there aren't that many hours offered?

Identify the coverage areas that you feel you're week in and/or areas you'd like to learn more about, then choose the courses that deliver value. That way what you pay and the time you invest can be viewed as investments and not expenses. I've seen online courses that were nothing more than dictionaries (e.g., "Insurance Terms Z-L" and "Insurance Terms M-Z"). Don't waste your time on this drivel and don't enable those that serve this pablum.

I'm in Texas, and looking at sircon's list of all approved CE courses in Texas, they add up only to 18 hours. What am I missing?
I attended a 2-hour CE class in Raleigh, NC yesterday sponsored by Jackson National. Received 21 hours CE plus 3 hours of Ethics...all for taking a 75 question, multiple-choice test...which took about 20 minutes. Passing score was a 70...got a 98. CE taken care of for next year with 14 hours of carryover. :)

I will be doing two seminars in Raleigh next month: "Finding and Fixing Commercial Lines Coverage Gaps" and "Finding and Fixing Personal Lines Coverage Gaps."

Each is 3 hours long. Each earns 3 CE credits.

Agents who attend each seminar will learn dozens of things that will make them more competitive in sales, minimize uninsured losses for their customers, and prevent E&O claims.

I use webce, and what I do is take the courses that have more meanings for me, instead of counting hours (regularly 3 courses), when you bundle the hours usually you get the 24 and some spares ones, that you can use afterwards.

I agree with the majority of the posters here. WebCE is a good resource. They often do bundle courses that you can buy at a discounted rate, and then you can get the hours you need and save the other courses for later to get more hours.

Back