how do i get leads

naddy512

ok im very new to the insurance game ive posted a few times and i ve decided to sell medicare supplements
now my question for a poor young man who is not afraid to work hard i m looking for some ideas of how to generate leads
i understand cold calling phone lists are probably my best bet i hear but are there any alternatives that i can use complimentary to calling off lists
i need all the help i can get
thank you in advance

Google Russ Jones' Insurance marketing system.
His material is full of ideas and ways to create leads.
I have used his reduce social security taxation postcard
and generated 2% or so in leads.

If you are just getting started I assume that you don't have a lot of extra cash to play with.

What ever you do is going to cost you a lot of money and it isn't always going to be as successful as you hoped it would be. In the long run maybe but you probably need to make money now.

If you really aren't afraid of "hard work", buy a list and pick up the phone. Learn to prospect, selling is the easy part. If you know how to prospect and get good at it you will never be at a loss for "leads". The ones you get yourself will be a whole lot better anyway.

Keep track of everyone you talk to and don't just dismiss them if they aren't ready to buy now. They may be a great prospect 6 or 12 months from now.

Find out what company they now have their insurance with so when you hear that company has a huge increase you can call them and save them money. Make a note to call them again after the first of the year when most companies have their increase.

If you are well organized and call from lists you will make a lot of money selling Med Supps.

Call me if I can help.

Don't dismiss anyone that has retirement benefits from their employer either. I am running into some poele here in indiana that just lost their retirement bene's. I wish I would have saved all those names of people I talked to over the last 5 yrs that had that coverage.

Thats how you make alot of sales in the med supp market. Knowing what everyone has and knowing when the get increases and dropped. You can make BOAT LOADS on those months.

It's all very hard - you have to just call & develop thick skin. The guys on this board know - they coach a lot of us often. Good luck.

Don't dismiss anyone that has retirement benefits from their employer either. I am running into some poele here in indiana that just lost their retirement bene's. I wish I would have saved all those names of people I talked to over the last 5 yrs that had that coverage.

Thats how you make alot of sales in the med supp market. Knowing what everyone has and knowing when the get increases and dropped. You can make BOAT LOADS on those months.

Very true. I run into people every year who lose their retirement benefits.

I don't sell med sup, but I am constantly asked about them. Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn the product and who are the major players? Thanks

I don't sell med sup, but I am constantly asked about them. Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn the product and who are the major players? Thanks

I know you have told me before but I have slept since then, where are you located? Each state is going to be different regarding who the major players are.

If you would like to give me a call I can share with you what I know about Med Supps and at least give you a good starting point to become an "expert". My number is listed below. I love to talk about insurance.

Expert: one who's office is more than 25 miles from the prospect.

Back