How Do I Go from State Farm to Independent?

Mother Goose

Hello everyone. I am a new member and need some help. I am currently in my 11th month of my TICA year with State Farm and have a hard decision to make. We have been quite successful but I am dissatisfied with the lack of freedom I feel as a business owner. I was sold on an entrepreneurial opportunity, however, my experience thus far is much more that of an employee. I am considering an starting independent agency but am not sure where to begin. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I started at SF as a team member. Was there 10 months. Pretty much all my adult life I have been selling to business owners. When I tried to sell commercial at SF, as you can imagine, it wasn't working.

I went independent. Not as an agency OWNER, but an independent agent. I've owned businesses, and I just don't want to deal with it any more. I can make plenty of money as an agent, without the distractions and stress of owning a business. But, to each their own. I am sure there are a lot of other people on here that can tell you plenty more as there are plenty of people that started captive and went indy, but not many the other way around. Generally, there is a lot more to learn, different systems, getting appointed with vendors one by one. Frankly I think commercial is the way to go, but it's not for everyone.

Back