How Do I Know if my IMO Leads Are Legitimate

Cokey30

Expert
My imo has been pushing for me to purchase leads and he swears you can buy 500$ worth of leads and make 3500-4500$ weekly on average. I'm new and have never bought leads does this legit

My imo has been pushing for me to purchase leads and he swears you can buy 500$ worth of leads and make 3500-4500$ weekly on average. I'm new and have never bought leads does this legit

1. What is the cost of the leads? How many does $500 get you?
2. Are they direct mail or other?
3. By "pushing" what do you mean? That sounds like a red flag to me.
4. Can you openly talk with all the other agents who take these leads? If not, why? If yes, how are they doing with them?
5. How much committment do you need to make? One week? One month? Longer? Is there a deposit up front? (I personally would not recommend signing up for a long commitment if you have never run direct mail leads before. Test the water first.)
6. Have you been successful with your sales through any other lead sources ?

Most IMOs selling leads especially if they "push" them are selling garbage. Leads can be VERY profitable for the Guy selling them if they are done in an unethical way. Make sure your lead supplier is trustworthy.

But legit IMOs do exist and if the right agent with the right training buys leads weekly they do sell good numbers very consistantly.

Measure twice. Cut once.

Last edited:
Are you selling MP? FE? Med Supps? Any or all the above? Whatever you may be doing, make sure you understand how the leads are generated. Know what the demographics are. If you can get leads for a few bucks apiece, try a few in your immediate area. Don't sink a large sum in anything you're uncertain about the legitimacy of! (been there, done that :frown:)

As an independent agent you should decide how and where to market your product. IMOs can be helpful and they can be harmful.

Check out the Insurance Leads section of the forum. Great information you might find beneficial.

IMO here. Only two reasons to buy leads through me:

1. IMO is fronting the cost of the leads, has some skin in the game
2. IMO passes through leads at their cost. Their are certainly lead vendors out there that offer bulk rates that an IMO can get that an individual producer could not.

Do you want an IMO that profits by generating life insurance sales or one that profits on lead sales?

My personal opinion on this matter is very strong. I believe it creates an EXTREME conflict of interest if I make a dime on leads and refuse to profit on this. Few seem to share this sentiment.

A 9 to 1 ROI. LOL, please tell us the IMO that is full of BS this time.

A 9 to 1 ROI. LOL, please tell us the IMO that is full of BS this time.
Lol I don't want to out him because I don't like putting jackets on peoples backs without knowing for sure. Someone asked what was I selling , final expense and term only atm. My next question is can I just buy leads directly from a reputable vendor

Lol I don't want to out him because I don't like putting jackets on peoples backs without knowing for sure.

I have no clue what the jacket thing means. We should be outing these FMO's that is the power of the forum.

Why wouldn't he love for as many agents to know about his 9 to 1 ROI leads ?

Back