How Do I Sell Group?

ddiaz841

Right now I am an independent agent who's licensed to sell life, health, and annuities. I know how to sell individual plans, but I have no idea how to sell group plans.

I would just do a google search, but I figured I'd ask here first and see if I can get some good advice.

My FMO said I need to first get certified, what does that mean?

What companies sell group plans?

All your input would help.

What has you wanting to sell group?

I'm in the process of getting my securities licenses so I can do 401k and other investments for clients. I want to get into group to open the door in the future for the securities side, while providing excellent insurance products, along with retirement investments.

----------

And just what FMO believes there is a certification requirement to sell group insurance? Rick

A new FMO that mainly deals with P&C. I asked him what certification I needed and I'm waiting for a response.

Right now I am an independent agent who's licensed to sell life, health, and annuities. I know how to sell individual plans, but I have no idea how to sell group plans.

I would just do a google search, but I figured I'd ask here first and see if I can get some good advice.

My FMO said I need to first get certified, what does that mean?

What companies sell group plans?

All your input would help.
Do not need certification but get product knowledge. Check with the (health) carriers--they will be helpful. Decide where your proposed groups stand in relation to ACA.
Also decide if you will offer voluntary benefits like short-term disability (long term too), cancer, extra life etc.
Pick your groups carefully. Contact them 3-4 months before renewal time. Listen to their needs and craft a proposal.
Good luck.

Back