How Do I Set Up My Own Website ?

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
I am looking for the most cost effective way to set a website for my business. I am in the senior market selling med supps, medicare advantage, annuities and final expense.

My take is you will pay the most - $500 to $2,500 plus if you have a web designer design the site just for you. You could buy a software program like Frontpage for $100 or so, learn it in a month or so, and do it your self. Then you'll need to choose a host and upload. Or you could use a web-based design program like those available from BlueVoda, Yahoo and GoDaddy which are free, then you pay for hosting. Or there are a variety of low cost template based designs with hosting included for anywhere from $25 to $100 per month all included. Some include lots of technology add-ons like quote engines.

It really depends on the functionality that you need. If you are looking for a simple static website that simply gives you a web presence, then hiring a programmer can be pretty cheap. Especially if you know exactly what you want.

In the senior market, you really don't need any quote engine, so that market it much cheaper.

LiposulptureSurgery.com: Liposculpture

Just watch an attempt to save money with a cheesy website. Your website says a lot about your business. You would not show up to a presentation in sneakers and jeans because you want to save money on a suit. I know you don't want to spend a lot for just make sure it looks clean and professional.

Since you wouldn't need any quoting done on your site, it should be easy enough to purchase a template or DIY.

All you need is a home page, a good about you page and 3-4 pages on your services such as med-supps, ltc ect.

Using a browser based webdesign is a bit tough, my site looks like crap, but I've decided to try starting over and have someone build a new site for me that will actaully accomplish what I want it to.

I was in the web design business for about 5 years running a staff of 5 people.

If all you want is a nice, clean, professional site, you should be able to get a site for less than $1000 from a business that specializes in design. The more specific and organized you are, the less expensive it will be. If you are prepared to go to the designers with a basic idea of what you are looking for with some examples of sites that you like and why you like them, their job is much easier and therefore less costly.

Most designers charge and hourly rate.

I can recommend someone in my town that I trust. They can do it remotely. If you decide to go with a design firm, get references. Dont go with the guy that "can make websites" that did one for his brother-in-law.

I would much rather pay someone $75 per hour that knows what they are doing than $25 per hour for someone that I don't liek what they do.

Thanks for the info. A Friend of mine is sending me frontpage so I will look into that. I would like to do it myself, But I also don't want it to be cheesy either. Are thier any guidlines I have to go buy? Any compliance issues with CMS or the companies I use?

I have had several sites designed by people oversees, and I prefer to go in that direction. You get much more bang for your buck, provided that you find someone you can trust.

I highly recommend Val, the person who designed and coded this site. He has a nice portfolio, is an excellent communicator, and he has great artistic vision. Best of all, he doesn't charge $75 an hour!

There is a really intuitive and FREE builder that I used called WebDwarf. It also has an upgraded version called SiteSpinner - If you have ever worked in the paint pgm - you can figure it out. I got my site built in a day. Of course- it never really is finished.

Back