How Do New Agents Partner with Real Estate and Lending Professionals

campbella72

#allthequestions #sorry

As a new agent, I've noticed that several senior agents have great relationships with several Real Estate and Lending professionals for referrals. Does this work or is it a waste of company resources (expenses for lunches etc.)?

Assuming it DOES work, where do I meet Real Estate and Lending people and how do I get them to send me referrals? I don't know how to help them in return because I'm quite literally the end of the process and I may sell them auto, home, and life....*i'm really an optimist! LOL

It doesn't seem enough to just say thanks and send a Starbucks gift card or thank you card....anybody have any awesome ideas for me? I'm wanting to be a giver and not just a taker in those relationships.....if that makes sense...

Thanks in advance for any input on this!
Bella

1) Anything will work, if you will - with skill. Are you delivering a great client experience that is worth referring people for?

2) You meet them at Chamber of Commerce events and by asking your current prospects/clients who they bought their home and mortgage through.

3) Two thoughts:
- Give them referrals where appropriate
- Make sure that those they refer thank them for referring you. Make them the hero and keep the cycle of positive feedback going. That will reinforce that you're a professional, that you're taking good care of those that are referred to you, and that you deserve more.

A relationship that is reduced ONLY to "what's in it for me"... won't withstand the test of time, because someone will offer a better deal.

1) Anything will work, if you will - with skill. Are you delivering a great client experience that is worth referring people for?

2) You meet them at Chamber of Commerce events and by asking your current prospects/clients who they bought their home and mortgage through.

3) Two thoughts:
- Give them referrals where appropriate
- Make sure that those they refer thank them for referring you. Make them the hero and keep the cycle of positive feedback going. That will reinforce that you're a professional, that you're taking good care of those that are referred to you, and that you deserve more.

A relationship that is reduced ONLY to "what's in it for me"... won't withstand the test of time, because someone will offer a better deal.

Thank you. Great feedback.

Back