How Do You Complete the Coventry/Aetna Training?

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I really don't care about Aetna at all but I want to be able to still sign people here in Florida up for Coventry.
When I go to Coventry's agent website there isn't one thing mentioned about training.
I did get an email from Aetna about attending a mandatory meeting. So after I signed up for the webex online meeting today, no one came on and I waited 20 min. You have no one to email or call either.

Just wondering if anyone has completed any training with them in FL

I really don't care about Aetna at all but I want to be able to still sign people here in Florida up for Coventry.
When I go to Coventry's agent website there isn't one thing mentioned about training.
I did get an email from Aetna about attending a mandatory meeting. So after I signed up for the webex online meeting today, no one came on and I waited 20 min. You have no one to email or call either.

Just wondering if anyone has completed any training with them in FL

The training is all done online, you don't need to go the 'mandatory' meeting (they changed that a couple of years ago).

Here is the link for training and certification: https://aetna.cmpsystem.com/ext/ahip/login.php

I completed my training when it was first made available, once you have AHIP completed it's really pretty easy.

The training is all done online, you don't need to go the 'mandatory' meeting (they changed that a couple of years ago).

Here is the link for training and certification: https://aetna.cmpsystem.com/ext/ahip/login.php

I completed my training when it was first made available, once you have AHIP completed it's really pretty easy.

I got an email saying otherwise. It says this

"Just go to www.AetnaMedicareAgentTraining.com to sign up for a 2017 training. Remember, this is a requirement for 2017 as outlined in the Aetna Medicare Producer Guide. You need to complete a 2017 market-specific training for every state and market where you plan to sell Aetna MA/MAPD products. We will monitor completion of this training requirement. "

And when you click on that link it says this "Make sure you're ready to sell in 2017
Producers must be certified, contracted, and licensed in the applicable states, prior to engaging in the sale of Aetna or Coventry Individual Medicare products (MA/MAPD, PDP).

In addition, you must attend one of these product trainings to review details for the products you plan to market. If you plan to sell in multiple markets, be sure to attend a training for each market."

They do have online Webinars in addition to going to one of their live presentations. I am doing 1 of each for different states this year.

I got an email saying otherwise. It says this

"Just go to www.AetnaMedicareAgentTraining.com to sign up for a 2017 training. Remember, this is a requirement for 2017 as outlined in the Aetna Medicare Producer Guide. You need to complete a 2017 market-specific training for every state and market where you plan to sell Aetna MA/MAPD products. We will monitor completion of this training requirement. "

And when you click on that link it says this "Make sure you're ready to sell in 2017
Producers must be certified, contracted, and licensed in the applicable states, prior to engaging in the sale of Aetna or Coventry Individual Medicare products (MA/MAPD, PDP).

In addition, you must attend one of these product trainings to review details for the products you plan to market. If you plan to sell in multiple markets, be sure to attend a training for each market."

I have my ready to sell notice and didn't attend a meeting:

07/27/2016

Thank you for your interest in selling Aetna Individual Medicare products.

We are pleased to inform you that your Aetna Medicare contract has been processed. You have also successfully completed the annual certification process.

As a result, you are now authorized to sell (“ready to sell”) the 2016 and 2017 Medicare products shown below, in the states where you’re actively licensed.

List of Aetna Medicare products

PARTD, Florida(MA/MAPD), Capitol(MA/MAPD),

I would recommend that you call Aetna/Coventry and ask the question directly, why do things that aren't possibly needed?

Not sure about the webinars but I just attended the training in my state and the region manager said they reinstated the requirement because the level of complaints were up last year.

I have my ready to sell notice and didn't attend a meeting: 07/27/2016 Thank you for your interest in selling Aetna Individual Medicare products. We are pleased to inform you that your Aetna Medicare contract has been processed. You have also successfully completed the annual certification process. As a result, you are now authorized to sell (“ready to sell”) the 2016 and 2017 Medicare products shown below, in the states where you’re actively licensed. List of Aetna Medicare products PARTD, Florida(MA/MAPD), Capitol(MA/MAPD), I would recommend that you call Aetna/Coventry and ask the question directly, why do things that aren't possibly needed?

It's just so odd that 2 separate places it says that the meetings are mandatory this year. I'll shoot them a call tomorrow

I got my Ready to sell notice July 27th
PARTD, Keystone(MA/MAPD), New York(MA/MAPD), New Jersey(MA/MAPD), New England(MA/MAPD), Florida(MA/MAPD), Mid South(MA/MAPD), Show Me(MA/MAPD), Great Lakes(MA/MAPD), Heartland(MA/MAPD), OH/KY(MA/MAPD), Texas(MA/MAPD), California(MA/MAPD),

Back