How do you Do It?

John Siegal

I've been getting SEO leads from young adults aged 18-27. The premiums for this age group can be less than $90.

Frankly...i don't know how any agent can make money selling to this group. At 20%...your monthly comms is $20.

That doesn't even pay for the time spent on website.

Anyone working with these types?

JS

I don't waste my time with them. It's not profitable. Thats why I cherry pick and stick with families. I dont write anyone under 30 unless its a family of 3+ or children only

That's what i thought....thanks guys!

Yeah....waste of time. Probably the kind who cancel right away...and short on money.

JS

I love it when a mother calls me and says that she needs coverage for her daughter who is about to graduate. I do plenty of quality business in this demographic. As Moonlight said, the premiums are often paid by their parents.

The persistency might not be the best, but it isn't bad. When Junior graduates from college, he will probably get a job, but that first job won't always offer health insurance.

The sales are easier to make because the premiums are lower and there are fewer underwriting hassles. You have to balance that with fact that the commissions may be lower before deciding to write or not write this business.

I look at it this way.

That age group gets issued rather quickly and three of those policies can equal the same commission as one family policy.

Even though statistically it's the age group that falls off the books the quickest, that one sale is never just one sale. Don't forget relatives, referrals, etc.

So they can be worth it.

Back