How do you Do It?

You guys are lame. The younger crowd is where it is at. You go in with a health lead, but you may also sell a life policy and a disability policy. Plus all the things that robliano mentioned. They get issued quickly and they have family members.

Counting your commission before you go out on a sale? Trying to cherry pick a lead by saying it's only a $20 commission, before you call them? LAME.

I agree with Home and some of the others here. Young people make great prospects and clients. My falloff is actually very low in that age group since, at least for me, many are doing artistic endeavors (art, music, academics, cooking and so on) and are not generally ever offered group benefits.

A goodly percentage of my referrals (not from my site) are directly from 20- and 30-somethings who have lots of friends just like them. They also will grow into other products as their life situation changes. Heck, I've had them refer me to mom and dad for health insurance.

Yeah, sometimes they can be a little flaky, but hey, I enjoy working with them for exactly that reason. They are fun clients, never complain and love to send you their friends.

What's not to like??

I agree 100%, being a musician and knowing what it was like to go years without insurance allows me to relate to that crowd and mindset. I never knew where to go so once I found out, I told all of my musician friends. That agent must have loved me then!

I agree with Home and some of the others here. Young people make great prospects and clients. My falloff is actually very low in that age group since, at least for me, many are doing artistic endeavors (art, music, academics, cooking and so on) and are not generally ever offered group benefits.

A goodly percentage of my referrals (not from my site) are directly from 20- and 30-somethings who have lots of friends just like them. They also will grow into other products as their life situation changes. Heck, I've had them refer me to mom and dad for health insurance.

Yeah, sometimes they can be a little flaky, but hey, I enjoy working with them for exactly that reason. They are fun clients, never complain and love to send you their friends.

What's not to like??

" Counting your commission before you go out on a sale? "

Always good to know the cost of business.

" Trying to cherry pick a lead by saying it's only a $20 commission, before you call them?"

Leads are as plentiful as cherries - why not target your results to a market that has greater profit potential and requires about the same amount of time. After all - Time Is Money!

Tom

I write many 16 year old and older children, it really makes sense for parents to put their kids on their own policies, don't have to worry about changes in insurability when they drop off the family plan or worry about coverage if they drop out of school.

" Counting your commission before you go out on a sale? "

Always good to know the cost of business.

" Trying to cherry pick a lead by saying it's only a $20 commission, before you call them?"

Leads are as plentiful as cherries - why not target your results to a market that has greater profit potential and requires about the same amount of time. After all - Time Is Money!

Tom

It's not really the same amount of time, to submit perhaps, but to get issued, pull medical records, get the rx info, follow up calls and underwriting usually can take much longer.

Back