How do you follow up on quotes ?

scottinaustin

Hello All,

I was just wondering how you followup on quotes in your business. For instance, you give an auto quote...how do you followup with them...Do you call them every day, do you email? For how long do you keep contacting them.

In our office we don't really have a followup system. We basically give the quote and tell them to call us if they want to do the policy. Our conversion ratio is really low and I'm trying to change that. Are we missing out on business by doing not following up?

Thanks for your input.:yes:

Re: How do you followup on quotes??

You're definitely missing out. What is your close ratio on the quotes you e-mail and wait for a call?

Hello All,

I was just wondering how you followup on quotes in your business. For instance, you give an auto quote...how do you followup with them...Do you call them every day, do you email? For how long do you keep contacting them.

In our office we don't really have a followup system. We basically give the quote and tell them to call us if they want to do the policy. Our conversion ratio is really low and I'm trying to change that. Are we missing out on business by doing not following up?

Thanks for your input.:yes:

You have an interested buyer on the phone and you let them go? Are you an insurance salesman or are you an insurance quotesman?

Close the deal on that call.

If there interested assume the sale. If they say the need more time ask set an appointment for follow in a few days while you have them on the phone. Send an appointment reminder email before the appointment. If no show give another chance or two. And put them in a drip campaign. If they not ready to buy now who know they may remember you when they are.

It seems to me you're not even speaking to them, you should be more proactive rather than reactive.

In our office we don't really have a followup system. We basically give the quote and tell them to call us if they want to do the policy.

Did you go to the senior prom?

If so, did you ask someone to go or did you just wait around until someone asked you?

Thanks you guys for following up. Our close ratio last month was 18%. The average in our company and area was about 30%. This is for auto quotes (30% of quotes are converted to sales)

We've done virtually no advertising over the past several years...most of our leads have from for people doing searches through the State Farm website and finding us, drive by's, or referrals.

I'm starting to try different things to ramp things up as far as leads coming in...buying leads, seo, ppc, etc. and am now trying to focus on how to improve our conversions on leads coming in. I know our sales skills could use some improvement and I wanted to know how you guys followup on leads. I'm new in the insurance business and have joined an existing agency as marketing/sales. It seems to me that simply not following up on quotes seemed wrong. Part of me has been saying (to myself) that once you make your quote and pitch to someone that they'll make their selection of which insurance provider to go with and that it's a wasted effort following up with them. Based on your comments it seems that we're missing out on not following up better. I'd be interested in hearing what your followup systems are...If you have a set system what do you do?? How often do you call them back?? do you email?? ect..and how often??

Our company doesn't provide any drip marketing system (State Farm) maybe it makes sense to look at constant contact or something like that also.

Sorry for the long response...Really appreciate your input.

I'm an SF agent.

Your results must be from those generated not by a regular vendor like AgentInsider or NetQuote but from people that went right to your State Farm Microsite.

Are you counting State to State Transfers and those directed to your site by referral? Your auto rate must be smoking hot if your at a 30% close rate with 0 follow up.

Average results for paid for leads are 3% to 6% close ratio.

Our close ratio has been about 17-18%. The average for our area is over 30%. Yes, we're counting people sent directly to our microsite. We're starting to try new lead sources, however, so this might even decrease if we don't do some things to get it up.

Back