How Do You Get Clients Approved on Med Supps that Are Underwritten ?

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been selling supps over the phone with modest success. I have purchased some of Thads leads and also have a lady who calls for me. While I have written some business, the biggest hurdle seems to be getting people approved for the plan.

The biggest health issues are-

Insulin dependent (seems like they all are)
Heart issues

Or if they aren't on insulin, they take pills and have a heart condition history which rules out most carriers.

I'm begging to wonder if focusing on T65 folks aren't a better approach? Seems like the healthy ones are perfectly happy paying $200+ for the same plan they can get for much less, while the sick ones are ready to switch but can't get approved.

I have a good lineup of carriers (Equitable/Oxford/New Era/Bankers Fidelity) but it seems there is a always a snake under the rock.

Anyone else focusing on the baby boomers turning 65? Is Thad working on a T65 lead?

I have been selling supps over the phone with modest success. I have purchased some of Thads leads and also have a lady who calls for me. While I have written some business, the biggest hurdle seems to be getting people approved for the plan. The biggest health issues are- Insulin dependent (seems like they all are) Heart issues Or if they aren't on insulin, they take pills and have a heart condition history which rules out most carriers. I'm begging to wonder if focusing on T65 folks aren't a better approach? Seems like the healthy ones are perfectly happy paying $200+ for the same plan they can get for much less, while the sick ones are ready to switch but can't get approved. I have a good lineup of carriers (Equitable/Oxford/New Era/Bankers Fidelity) but it seems there is a always a snake under the rock. Anyone else focusing on the baby boomers turning 65? Is Thad working on a T65 lead?

Is anyone focusing on T65? Ask a friend or family member who is within three months of turning 65 if they have received any phone calls and direct mail.

T65's get bombarded. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Just understand that you aren't the only one and the sales process takes a little longer because you are educating the prospect on Medicare and all of their choices (including MAPD and PDP).

Re: How Do You Get Clients Approved on Med Supps that Are Underwritten??????

Do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get a personal TM and cherry pick what you want.
2. Call yourself and cherry pick what you want.

T65 will buy from you if they like and trust you, just go thru the numbers and find the ones that haven't made a decision yet or you happen to get them at the right time and day. The hook is they have to pony up at some point and there is sooooooo many out there you are bound to stumble on some.

The problem is (and it is good for me), agents are not willing to do the work, 40 hours a week, or willing to put the time, energy, and money into a personal TM.

This business is so freaking easy if agents would do real work.

Work 40 to 60 hours on the phone cold calling and selling and you will write 3 to 6 application per week. Do that for 3 years straight and then you can drop your hours to 30 to 40 hours per week. Do that for 2 more years. BAMM you grossed 1000 clients or kept 800. That is only writing 4 apps per week 50 weeks a year.

Or hire 2 TM's to work 20 hours per week each and you still sell the same, but YOU don't grind 40 hours you SELL for 30 hours. Cost you more but you grind a little less.

So please for the love of Rick, put me out of business and grind.

Your Welcome

Thad :)

----------

I have been selling supps over the phone with modest success. I have purchased some of Thads leads and also have a lady who calls for me. While I have written some business, the biggest hurdle seems to be getting people approved for the plan.

The biggest health issues are-

Insulin dependent (seems like they all are)
Heart issues

Or if they aren't on insulin, they take pills and have a heart condition history which rules out most carriers.

I'm begging to wonder if focusing on T65 folks aren't a better approach? Seems like the healthy ones are perfectly happy paying $200+ for the same plan they can get for much less, while the sick ones are ready to switch but can't get approved.

I have a good lineup of carriers (Equitable/Oxford/New Era/Bankers Fidelity) but it seems there is a always a snake under the rock.

Anyone else focusing on the baby boomers turning 65? Is Thad working on a T65 lead?

Isn't AARP pretty easy underwriting?

If the four carriers that you listed are your only ones then you need to pick up a couple with easier/different underwriting. AARP comes to mind. I'd also check out ACI/Aetna - they can approve someone with diabetes and more than 2 heart meds which sounds like is one of your underwriting hurdles.

If the four carriers that you listed are your only ones then you need to pick up a couple with easier/different underwriting. AARP comes to mind. I'd also check out ACI/Aetna - they can approve someone with diabetes and more than 2 heart meds which sounds like is one of your underwriting hurdles.

Depending on the state, AARP/UHC may be middle of the pack for price, but very hard to beat for underwriting. But, if switching for price, then AARP may not be the go to for attractive priced option.

They are good to have for those situations where: 1. someone just loves AARP (yes, they exist) 2. the underwriting is key to helping someone, say, if they want to switch from an MAPD at open enrollment onto a med-supp to reduce their out of pocket for ongoing treatments. 3. they really, really like Silver Sneakers--those clients are out there, too.

Cigna (ARLIC/LALIC) is slowly releasing their substandard rates and app across the country. The underwriting is very liberal but won't take everything AARP will.

Do 1 of 2 things.

This business is so freaking easy if agents would do real work.

I couldn't agree more. And if it seems like all of your prospects who have diabetes also take insulin, you're simply not talking with enough people.

There are a ton of agents who are killing it with telemarketing and nearly 100% of their deals are people going through UW.

Also Know the underwriting with dif carriers

Diabetes Pills plus blood pressure Aetna, Equitable ( equitable will do injectable) maybe New Era

I have not looked closely at the cigna substandard Plus UHC will take a lot that others don't take

There are dif niches with dif carriers

Also Know the underwriting with dif carriers

Diabetes Pills plus blood pressure Aetna, Equitable ( equitable will do injectable) maybe New Era

I have not looked closely at the cigna substandard Plus UHC will take a lot that others don't take

There are dif niches with dif carriers

Equitable will no longer do diabetes with high blood pressure in plan G states according to underwriting.

1i. complications of diabetes such as neuropathy (numbness, tingling or burning in arms or legs),
Retinopathy (eye damage), any heart disorder (including hypertension/high blood pressure), or kidney
damage or diabetes that is not under control?

Equitable will no longer do diabetes with high blood pressure in plan G states according to underwriting.

1i. complications of diabetes such as neuropathy (numbness, tingling or burning in arms or legs),
Retinopathy (eye damage), any heart disorder (including hypertension/high blood pressure), or kidney
damage or diabetes that is not under control?

Yes I just seen your other post about this, Shame though

Back