How do you guys prospect for Small Group?

wildcat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
No. Cal.
Cold calling has worked for me. If I'm in the Small Group mode, the group size I go after is 2 to 19, most are under 10. This is where I get a lot of my IFP sales also.

What other ways have you been successful in going after group business?

Cold calling is all I do, it works! Also, try adding introductions from the people you meet with.

"Mr. Prospect, I'd like to ask you for your help. I'm planning on calling on these neighbors of yours, do you know anything about them? Is he a good guy? How well do you know him?"

"When I call on John, would you mind if I mentioned we've (talked/do business together, ect)? I don't suppose you'd introduce me to him would you?" (Last question based on relationship question above)

Prepare a list of neighbors before you stop out or if you know of an industry association, print that list if you can access it. It's a low key way to find a favorable way to talk with people.

I typically call small businesses with 1-20 employees, I never know until I talk with them if we'll be talking individual or group. I also dial 5 extra dials each morning to bigger businesses, 20-100 employees (bigger for me), to see if I can book a couple once in a while. I'm in Minnesota.

quote=Delta76;I also dial 5 extra dials each morning to bigger businesses, 20-100 employees (bigger for me), to see if I can book a couple once in a while. I'm in Minnesota.[/quote]

Delta, have you bagged any big groups since you have been calling?

Delta76, do you do B2B physical cold calling or calling on the telephone? I am slightly confused by your post #2 and post #4. Wildcat, are your cold calls in person or on the phone?

Last edited:
Arnguy, all of my coldcalling is by phone, I would like to do more B2B walking although the phones have been working pretty well for me lately. I keep it real short and sweet, and keep dialing. And don't let any leads fall through the cracks. I have a list of small business who I have contacted over the past year, I keep calling every couple of months. I'll eventually get most of them on something. Health, dental, STD/LTD.

Thanks for the response, wildcat. The reason for my query is that John Petrowski is an ardent proponent of B2B handing out flyers. I am wondering how successful that method is compared to dialing for dollars.

Back