How do you handle agents lying to your clients

I just received an email from a current Life Client, that was reviewing health plans with me before the holidays.

She said that another agent told her that the Carrier/plan that I presented was only good in her home state and that they were not very good anyway.

Reading this instantly gave me a headache, not because I couldn't deflect the argument, but because it pitted me against this lying asshole, who is a captive BC agent. Naturally, I couldn't tell her that, so I just countered the arguments and she is going to move forward with the plan that I presented.

This happens once per year. Last year it was a World Insurance agent that told a different customer that the GR plan that we decided on, was nothing more than a discount plan. I mean stupid arguments like that... she sent me this assholes email to her, and I nearly fell out of my chair.

Just wondered how you handle this type stupid ****.

After deflecting the lies, the customer is normally on your side that the other agent was trying to "take them for a ride" have them document a letter for the DOI and have them sign it....at least in Maine the DOI pretty much ignores agent complaints but does act when they recieve a signed customer complaint.

I just take the client from them.
I don't waste my time with sending them to the DOI.

If it comes down a real pissing match I always throw out references for the prospect to call on my services.
99% of the time the other lying agent has no references to provide.

I just received an email from a current Life Client, that was reviewing health plans with me before the holidays.

She said that another agent told her that the Carrier/plan that I presented was only good in her home state and that they were not very good anyway.

Reading this instantly gave me a headache, not because I couldn't deflect the argument, but because it pitted me against this lying asshole, who is a captive BC agent. Naturally, I couldn't tell her that, so I just countered the arguments and she is going to move forward with the plan that I presented.

This happens once per year. Last year it was a World Insurance agent that told a different customer that the GR plan that we decided on, was nothing more than a discount plan. I mean stupid arguments like that... she sent me this assholes email to her, and I nearly fell out of my chair.

Just wondered how you handle this type stupid ****.

I just tell them that "I am upfront, full disclosure person so when we get together you are welcome to have the other agent sit in as well so that we can arrive at the best option for you."

I do think that if this is only happening to you once a year that you could just shrug a few times and count your blessings. I dont disagree with those who have chosen to make this their battle. I am just saying that it is an energy sink and I agree with the idea that the best revenge/response is simply to make the client yours.

Back