How Do You Keep Applications Safe?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just learned something new from FWA section of the AHIP. It is a HIPAA violation (agent's fault) if someone breaks into your car and steals a completed MA application.

Tough luck!

What can you do those files?

Do not leave anything in the car. Take all files with you into the home appts. keep em close to you.

Do not leave anything in the car. Take all files with you into the home appts. keep em close to you.

God forbid you run into 711 for a coffee

And What if some grabs your briefcase like a lures snatcher

Anyway I've done all but 3 sales over the phone so at least I don't need to be concerned
but still Its dumb

If you can show you are taking preventative measures to prevent theft, you might get a slap on the wrist.

Example...if you keep your applications for that day on you (in a briefcase) and that case is stolen while on you, as in someone runs by you and grabs it, not a lot you can do.

However, if you have applications spread all over your back seat in plain view and your car is stolen or broken into, that is a problem.

Just be smart about it.

I usually put applications in trunk of car in special folder. So it is locked while at someone else's home...away from prying eyes.

Guess in this police state environment no matter what you do IT IS WRONG.
Didn't even CLOUD get hacked, recently.

I keep paper apps at home/office for future reference. God forbid that the maintenance man, or family member see PI but it's ok if gov't personnel misplace, forward wrongly or misappropriate same files...no fine for them. So where is equal justice for all?

NO SOUP FOR YOU.

We don't get justice, we get silly rules. I'm sure locked in the truck is an acceptable wrist slap if your car gets stolen.

BrinksTruck.bmp

I drive this on appts., then hurry back to the safe deposit box.:D

Back