How Do You Prove to the Exchange that You're Not in Jail Says a New Enrollee

junkman

Guru
100+ Post Club
WTF?? Wrote two Exchange policies because the group canceled coverage. Received 2 requests - 1 on each of the policies.

1. Prove you're not incarcerated. Would a selfie in front of the jail suffice.

2. Proof of valid Social Security number. Did we type wrong?

These people just get crazier it seems. The question about incarceration is a bit tricky. Did you possibly answer it in the reverse? It is asked a few times. In one question it is something like: You are not incarcerated .... Yes / No. I have to think about that one every time or answer it incorrectly.

(A selfie 'not' in front of the jail would be more effective: how about a selfie at work, boating, etc.? LOL.)

And maybe you did enter the Social one number off.

They provide a list of acceptable documents for incarceration status.
I had one client get this recently also.
I believe they are pulling off historical records somewhere

Hmm, maybe there is more to the story and you are supposed to be in jail?

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum.

That would be a better solution. This guy won't be offended. I know many that have been incarcerated, not that they necessarily should have been. The good ole Land of the Free has at least 6 times more people incarcerated than China. China has 4 times more population than we do. Few are ahead of us on a per capita basis - only Russia and a few other places have more in jail than we do. It costs $50,000 to keep someone in jail for a year. CCA brags about the recidivism rate. It's a money machine that has little economic benefit to society.

That would be a better solution. This guy won't be offended. I know many that have been incarcerated, not that they necessarily should have been. The good ole Land of the Free has at least 6 times more people incarcerated than China. China has 4 times more population than we do. Few are ahead of us on a per capita basis - only Russia and a few other places have more in jail than we do. It costs $50,000 to keep someone in jail for a year. CCA brags about the recidivism rate. It's a money machine that has little economic benefit to society.

I was not referencing the jails but the Exchange. It is the Exchange that is crazy.

Back