How do you stay organized?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
How does everyone keep files?

Are you digital or paper files?

I feel like this has been my burning question for years now and I have been unable to pick one. Staying organized has not been a strength of mine and I feel like it is holding me back from focusing on what I should be.

How does everyone keep files?

Are you digital or paper files?

I feel like this has been my burning question for years now and I have been unable to pick one. Staying organized has not been a strength of mine and I feel like it is holding me back from focusing on what I should be.
I'm old fashioned, I use paper files and my CRM is also paper(3x5 index cards). :yes:

When I receive documents in email, I set up a folder in email to move the information so I always have access to older correspondence. I have also begun to also copy into notes in AMS referencing the specific policy number. That way if I need documents or photos later, I can find them in either place.

Digital, for sure. I haven't had a business in decades but my personal files took up 4 drawers of a lateral filing cabinet. I bought a scanner and shredder. Took several months, a little at a time, and now I scan and shred everything as soon as I handle it.

All digital as of 5+ yrs ago.
Waiting for 10 years to pass for all old paper files. Scan some, shred the rest.
(Went thru some of them, disgusting how ACA rates of quadrupled premiums)
Use Salesforce for most client data/emails/docs, word doc for to do list, excel for commish tracking. Works like a charm.

I’m totally digital. No printed docs. I save them into a Dropbox folder called “policy docs”. I keep dec pages, previous quotes, ID cards etc. it helps me for renewals and keep track of clients I lost last year and know what I quoted and what I didn’t. I hate printing for clients. As a start up agency just over 1 year I have not even bought a printer. I have to go to Office Depot to print. Ha.

I’m totally digital. No printed docs. I save them into a Dropbox folder called “policy docs”. I keep dec pages, previous quotes, ID cards etc. it helps me for renewals and keep track of clients I lost last year and know what I quoted and what I didn’t. I hate printing for clients. As a start up agency just over 1 year I have not even bought a printer. I have to go to Office Depot to print. Ha.
I have a printer, but it's in the other room so I at least get my exercise in.

What scanner 40 you guys use?

I have an all in one that I use to duplex copy and print. So my files aren't as large. Sounds silly when I say that.

Four 4 drawer file cabinets. Need to buy a 5th or a scanner.

Need a duplex on one pass scanner with software a caveman can use. Some of these files are an inch thick.

Latest posts

Back