How Does an Independent Agent Begin Selling Series 6 Products?

onephenom

I tried finding my answer all over the web and this forum , but I couldn't find it. I want to become an independent multi line insurance agent, and also be a financial/investment planner. How do I get sponsored to sell mutual funds and annuities as an independent?

A little off topic... if I can sell mutual funds can I sell index funds as well?

Thanks!

I tried finding my answer all over the web and this forum , but I couldn't find it. I want to become an independent multi line insurance agent, and also be a financial/investment planner. How do I get sponsored to sell mutual funds and annuities as an independent?

A little off topic... if I can sell mutual funds can I sell index funds as well?

Thanks!

You need to get affiliated with a Broker Dealer, to write your security business

You need to get affiliated with a Broker Dealer, to write your security business

Matt, is correct. You have to have a BD and you have to have a Series 6 and 63. You can sell variable products with a 6. Most BD's have a certain minimum production requirement and you have to have E&O.

Back