How does one sell a Med Supp?

a lot of people fail at seminars.

Not everyone has the ability or desire to talk crowds. If you are unfamiliar with your topic, lack the ability to speak in public without putting everyone to sleep, or sweat profusely this might not be your best avenue to wealth.

The same general type of comment could be made about telephone sales.

I agree, For me, my comfort zone is Phone sales, I could do face to face but don't like it, However, But I could not do Seminars, I know many that prefer Face to face as much as I prefer phone but they don't like phone Each has their own comfort zone

J2727:
You mean the other agent signs people up earlier? How much earlier?
- MedSupp can be 6 months out from T65 I believe (don't do a lot of MedSupps).
- MAPD can only be 3 months out from T65 and they need their Medicare number first, so really like 2 months out from T65

I didn't say he signed them up early, he just goes to see them a year before they turn 65 to muscle his way in and introduce himself.

So when they are ready, he already has an "in" as their agent.

ChazM, how far out are you targeting T65s? 6 months or a year? Do you use a flyer you created yourself and hand-address the envelopes?

There's a guy in my area who buys T65 lists a year out. I used to buy T65 leads 4-6 months out, then a few seniors asked if I knew so-and-so, as he came to see them already. They already enrolled with him. Then a few months ago I mentioned it at a live FMO meeting and an agent who lives in a nearby county said the same agent "blows up" his county, too. Apparently this guy does this all over my area.

I've done a few educational-only seminars and will do more.

My June seminars have Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan for most locations. In one location I added September because it will be my first time at that spot.
I created the flyer myself. I use a local mail house to send it out. It’s about .42 per piece sent.

Did you stop doing your DM to T65?

What kind of flyer are you using?
How do you handle the RSVPs? Yourself?
Give any materials at the seminar?

Yup. I just stopped doing them in April. I just got tired of calling the leads. I don’t need 20-30 sales a month to do well. I can get my 10-15 sales easily per month from my seminars. Actually with me bumping it up to 6 seminars for July, I’m hoping to do more than that. It’ll take several months to know though.
It’s my own flyer but your FMO will have one that works as well or better.

Rsvp’s Call into me, my cell phone with a VM in case I can’t answer.
I give them a folder and materials.
I’m no pro but this doesn’t come hard to me.
The hardest thing was figuring out the locations.

Local agent used to do seminars at a wine store (Total Wine). They had a small conference room. Seat about 20 or so.

I believe their deal was he got the room free if 8 show up. They also provided wine and cheese with the "free" room.

Meetings held right before closing time. Afterwards the attendees could buy any wine in the store with 10% discount.

Sweet deal.

Yup. I just stopped doing them in April. I just got tired of calling the leads. I don’t need 20-30 sales a month to do well. I can get my 10-15 sales easily per month from my seminars. Actually with me bumping it up to 6 seminars for July, I’m hoping to do more than that. It’ll take several months to know though.
It’s my own flyer but your FMO will have one that works as well or better.

Rsvp’s Call into me, my cell phone with a VM in case I can’t answer.
I give them a folder and materials.
I’m no pro but this doesn’t come hard to me.
The hardest thing was figuring out the locations.

Where are you holding the seminars? Senior centers, hotels, etc.?
Cost per hour?

Back