How Does the American Family Insurance Job Thing Work?

Jimmy Prince

Expert
I got a call from American Family today offering me a job. They will pay me $3000 per month plus half comm. for the first year. Train me in Chicago someplace for 2 months and let me use the corporate office.Give me $4000 the second year and groom me for my own Business. does anyone know if this is a scam :cool:

I got a call from American Family today offering me a job. They will pay me $3000 per month plus half comm. for the first year. Train me in Chicago someplace for 2 months and let me use the corporate office.Give me $4000 the second year and groom me for my own Business. does anyone know if this is a scam :cool:

Didn't you say on another thread that you already took a job. You are all over the place. I know with insurance their is always a lot of indecision, but it appears to be killing you.

I did take a job with a farmers agent but i like to check out other options. If i take the job with the Farmers guy i make no money until i learn the business and start selling. that could take some time. But on the other hand if i go with american family Gig, they pay me right away for training and i bring home some money right off and learn from there trainers. what to do oh what to do.

Gather all the information and make the best decision you can. We live in an imperfect world.

I got a call from AFL a couple of weeks ago. Apparantly this is the deal:

I am a member of a local first aid crew and apparantly I have $1000 life insurance through the county because I am a volunteer. I can't swear to this...

The agent that called meand said that he was with AFL and needed to drop off my certificate and could only do so in person.

Being an agent, I knew that the certificate was his way of getting into my home to up-sell me. I told him I am an agent and to just send my certificate because if I need more insurance I would sell it to myself. He said he had to deliver it in person so I told him he was wasting his time but come by if he wanted.

I have not ever seen him or the certificate but it does sound like a good way to get leads and get into a prospects door to sell insurance.

I got a call from AFL a couple of weeks ago. Apparantly this is the deal:

I am a member of a local first aid crew and apparantly I have $1000 life insurance through the county because I am a volunteer. I can't swear to this...

The agent that called meand said that he was with AFL and needed to drop off my certificate and could only do so in person.

Being an agent, I knew that the certificate was his way of getting into my home to up-sell me. I told him I am an agent and to just send my certificate because if I need more insurance I would sell it to myself. He said he had to deliver it in person so I told him he was wasting his time but come by if he wanted.

I have not ever seen him or the certificate but it does sound like a good way to get leads and get into a prospects door to sell insurance.

That is the way American Income gets leads. They offer a $1,000 free accident policy and then call those who respond setting up appointments. Then they get pitched.

That is the way American Income gets leads. They offer a $1,000 free accident policy and then call those who respond setting up appointments. Then they get pitched.

Actually sounds like a good way to get prospects to me. They had 120 some leads just from our organization alone.

Actually sounds like a good way to get prospects to me. They had 120 some leads just from our organization alone.

Yes it is very effective. They consentrate on the Unions that they are in bed with. They explain that they are sponsored by the unions. We even collected canned food for out of work Union members. It is quite a well thought out presentation.

What they're offering you is a postition in their Agent-in-Training program. Its totally legit. I've worked for AmFam for 4 years (as an agent's assistant) and am just entering the program myself! I start next month! Let me know what you decide to do!

Back