How hard do you find it to cross-sell life?

Oct 3, 2007

1. Agent Jeff

Agent Jeff Expert

How hard do you find it to cross sell life policies for

auto?

homeowners?

business owners/liability?

What fraction of your P&C policies immediately and ulimately result in life sales? How much high-pressure do you use to sell it? Do you sell mostly term/fixed/variable?

When you bring up life insurance, do you notice any adverse attitude in your P&C client?

2. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Hi Jeff

I have 27 years of experience in the P&C/cross-sell field. Granted, I'm not kicking out 500 apps a year like I did from 1981-2000, but there are some
    uniques systems you can use. Feel free to PM and I'll try to steer you in the right direction. You do NOT have to pay anybody a penny to learn these things.

3. saieddie

saieddie Guru

State:
    Virginia
    P and C is how I've opened most of my client relationships. As my wholesaler always said, "the biggest door to the household is the garage door."

4. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,, Moderator

State:
    Texas
    how hard is it to sell period....

5. mazz8

mazz8 Expert

Hello, I am usually cheaper with Auto and Home, so I just give them a life quote as I quote the Auto and Home. Its a tough sell in this economy. I sell Erie Insurance.

mazz8, Dec 22, 2007
  6. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Gotta love Erie's rates.

30 days before each adult's insured birthday, send them a letter with a grid detailing your term rates. Various face amounts at 5-year age intervals (30-65).

Without any call followup, you'll write a piece of business on 4%-5% of your book.

7. bobson

bobson Guru

Okay, I sent you a PM on this and I'm responding in here. I'd love your take on how to up our life apps.

bobson, Jan 4, 2008
  8. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    The same client who shells out $450 a month for a family health plan and currently has no life insurance has to "think about it" when I quote $30 a month term rates.

9. James

James Guru

Maybe you should of threw out a $300-$500 WL rate?

James, Jan 5, 2008
  10. jmmauthe

jmmauthe New Member

I know it's best to specialize within this industry, which I have been doing (2yrs now) on the P&C side. However, when I decided to move into insurance I completed both of my licenses and my L&H has been "just collecting dust". I just started working through an independent agency (with out any book of business from this location) back in Sept. 2007. I haven't been as aggressive as I should have been since we had to get the agency up and running and then came Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, but with little direct effort on my part and mostly referrals from CAPTIVE agencies I was able to bring in 20 policies (mid-Sept.- Dec.) Is it best for me to continue my focus on the P&C only until my 'book' has grown a good bit and then start to make my P&C clients aware I can help them further protect themselves with L&H 'marketing' hints? I'm so anxious to get some L&H experience under my belt so I can better understand the products and ultimately provide the best options to my clients, for their 'personal need(s) of protection' through insurance.