How hard is it to start Med Supp overseas TM and sell over phone?

fun2drum

Super Genius
This topic is intriguing to me, and I have no experience with it whatsoever. Up until early last year I was captive and I was always told face to face is the only way to do it, and that I had to use leads that came from the company. That was fine with me because I was successful doing that for almost 14 years. BUT, now I'm independent and I realize my BOB is leaning heavy to the MAPD's with relatively few Med Supps. I would really like to have a more diversified Medicare book, and it appears that an overseas telemarketer could be the solution. I have questions about everything including dialers, finding and training Phillipines TM'ers, how effective it is with DNC cutting out what I imagine is the majority of phone numbers, is it worth paying someone (you know who I mean) to train the telemarketer and get me started, phone scripts that are effective, etc., etc. I've never sold completely over the phone so is this something I should even be contemplating? I have an open mind and would appreciate some input from those of you who've had some experience.

I had a horrible experience with it but many do well with it. I had to stick to what I know best, T65 F2F

Selling medsupps by phone is the most simple process in insurance. Everyone, plus their spoiled kid (you know who I mean), is selling this totally commoditized product.

It's very difficult. Also very doable. You will absolutely generate business if you keep at it, but it wont be anything gangbusters until you can build a differentiation of some kind-- like a personal brand, or something like that.

I keep the medsupp campaign open in my company because it's an easy, zero thought, busy' work type thing that i can always have new people and idle people chop away at.

Day 1 dialer I would contact medicare millionaire dude for his 89/month 4 line sales dialer deal.

DO NOT PAY ANYONE TO TRAIN YOUR TM!

Do this dude: place an ad in phillipines craigslist saying you need a telemarketer for medicare campaign. Write out 2 lines of your script or just use the generic "Hi sir, I'm calling because you may qualify to save $500 on your medicare supplement plan. I'm NAME, is this a bad time to talk?"

Have the TM applicants send you a recording of their voice w the script.

Give your TM about 8 hours (two 4 hour shifts) to be productive. By that time they should be producing 1 lead/hour. If they arent doing at least .5 leads/hour, replace them.

If you really feel you want to PAY someone for a trained TM, I'll refer one of mine to you. it's our slow season so 3 of my TM'd are underemployed at the moment. I'll accept chinese food lunch delivery as payment:)

Why not reach out to @Glen Shelton (Lead Heroes) and ask about TM leads? Might be an easier and less expensive way to dip your toe in the TM / phone sales market. Better than T&E and trying to reinvent the wheel.

That's what I would do if I were looking to branch out.

Selling medsupps by phone is the most simple process in insurance. Everyone, plus their spoiled kid (you know who I mean), is selling this totally commoditized product.

It's very difficult. Also very doable. You will absolutely generate business if you keep at it, but it wont be anything gangbusters until you can build a differentiation of some kind-- like a personal brand, or something like that.

I keep the medsupp campaign open in my company because it's an easy, zero thought, busy' work type thing that i can always have new people and idle people chop away at.

Day 1 dialer I would contact medicare millionaire dude for his 89/month 4 line sales dialer deal.

DO NOT PAY ANYONE TO TRAIN YOUR TM!

Do this dude: place an ad in phillipines craigslist saying you need a telemarketer for medicare campaign. Write out 2 lines of your script or just use the generic "Hi sir, I'm calling because you may qualify to save $500 on your medicare supplement plan. I'm NAME, is this a bad time to talk?"

Have the TM applicants send you a recording of their voice w the script.

Give your TM about 8 hours (two 4 hour shifts) to be productive. By that time they should be producing 1 lead/hour. If they arent doing at least .5 leads/hour, replace them.

If you really feel you want to PAY someone for a trained TM, I'll refer one of mine to you. it's our slow season so 3 of my TM'd are underemployed at the moment. I'll accept chinese food lunch delivery as payment:)

Thanks for that generous amount of info and offer. A qualified lead an hour to start would be in my comfort zone. I'm not yet familiar with the ins and outs of a sales dialer and the programs to get the data working with them. Or anything else for that matter, lol. I'll research the sales dialer deal you mentioned and see where that take me in my thinking. Thanks again.

Why not reach out to @Glen Shelton (Lead Heroes) and ask about TM leads? Might be an easier and less expensive way to dip your toe in the TM / phone sales market. Better than T&E and trying to reinvent the wheel.

That's what I would do if I were looking to branch out.

Agree it's a tempting thing and his leads are priced well, but just as a heads up, and this is just my experience, if you order leads from Lead Heroes, be prepared to throw them all away if you check them against DNC.

Again, just my experience. Wasted $...

Agree it's a tempting thing and his leads are priced well, but just as a heads up, and this is just my experience, if you order leads from Lead Heroes, be prepared to throw them all away if you check them against DNC.

Again, just my experience. Wasted $...

But his website is pretty cool and I think he's a good guy.

Just not a good option if you want telemarketers calling a scrubbed list... unfortunately.

I've never sold completely over the phone so is this something I should even be contemplating?

You'll find it to be easier than f2f in some regards.

Easier to look up providers, easier to run Rx's on Medicare.gov... easier to move from 1 conversation to the next, easier to browse the forum while listening to someone tell you about their cat...

All in all - easier to scale.

For whatever percentage you lose by not being able to "hand them the pen" to sign "right here and here"... you can make up in fewer wasted hours every day.

Back