How hard is it to start Med Supp overseas TM and sell over phone?

if you order leads from Lead Heroes, be prepared to throw them all away if you check them against DNC.

and . . .

Again, just my experience.
But his website is pretty cool and I think he's a good guy.

Just not a good option if you want telemarketers calling a scrubbed list.

bu_large.PNG

Selling mes supps over the phone is a skill that you must develop by making calls and working with a mentor who will give u feedback. Take leads out of equation 1st.
Your product knowledge is important and understanding of how consumers think about their plans and little they truly understand how their plan works. The call is broken to your open, your ability to build rapport, next comes understanding what plan they have, followed by the price they paying. Next step, quote and discuss plans and various companies. Next you need to get a list of meds and put them underwriting. After this give them a price and start taking the app including their social sec and banking info. next submit the app call underwriting get them approved and then help them cancel their old policy.

Easier said then done. We sell alot over the phone , once you get your process down it becomes easier. I tell my agents before u buy leads u should learn by cold calling . After you learn the ropes and hear objections you get better. Next buy leads or generate themselves. Rinse and repeat. This is a major part of our agency and I help agents get set up and will provide coaching if you truly have a work ethic. The reality is most agents agents don't have the stomache for it and quit after 30 minutes. If you have stamina and want to work this angle you can do 3-5 supps a week, if u r consistent.

PM me if would like to chat.

I cut my teeth in the insurance biz before the DNC was even an idea. I sold med supp, life and ltc by calling voter registration lists I got from various counties. That's about as cold call as it gets, and I'm okay with that. Okay - scratch that last statement. I don't really want to do that ever again. I have a thick skin and can handle rejection, but I've got a good book of business and I don't need to spend my time cold calling. If I decide to sell from cold lists on the phone, then I want someone else to call and qualify them, but I'm very comfortable talking insurance on the phone. The reason I brought this up here is I don't want to spend a lot of time and money getting everything set up and then wish I hadn't gotten myself into it. I can't help it - I've become a research nerd as I've aged, so like usual I'm probably over-thinking it. I guess I need to figure out a system, learn it, and jump in.

This is not an easy task by any means. In order to be successful, you need to keep that headset on all day! We support many agents doing both F2F and phone. Most phone agents don't keep the headset on long enough. I also suggest you build your social media marketing presence. Creating inbound activity is where you want to land.

Hey thanks for jumping in! I was just watching some of your videos yesterday and you have some good ideas, but man I'm telling you - I don't have the guts anymore to go door to door like you've done, lol. I've done some of that in the past and it takes something I don't have! So anyway, you're right - I agree that I need to get a handle on social media. I have a domain and email but no web site, and my social media amounts to keeping up with friends on FB. I'd like to get good at that to be more relevant.

Hey thanks for jumping in! I was just watching some of your videos yesterday and you have some good ideas, but man I'm telling you - I don't have the guts anymore to go door to door like you've done, lol. I've done some of that in the past and it takes something I don't have! So anyway, you're right - I agree that I need to get a handle on social media. I have a domain and email but no web site, and my social media amounts to keeping up with friends on FB. I'd like to get good at that to be more relevant.

I'm here. Whenever you want to get serious about social media, let me know.

- I agree that I need to get a handle on social media. I have a domain and email but no web site, and my social media amounts to keeping up with friends on FB. I'd like to get good at that to be more relevant.

Social media can drive business to you if done properly. Most agents have no idea how it works, nor do they have the time to learn.

Paid advertising is expensive and hit or miss. Even among the "pro's" that say they know how it works.

There is no substitute good content, and lots of it. Original content is best but most of what is out there is curated. There are major sites that curate and aggregate good content. They draw traffic by writing clickable headlines and spinning curated information.

HuffPo is a good example.

Their "research" consists of looking for hot topics, rewriting the headline and intro and making it interesting enough to pick up traffic. Often more traffic than the original piece.

There is an art to copywriting. You need to know how to write interesting and informative copy. Some writers come by it naturally, others have to find their voice.

I pick up clients via social media but not enough to generate new sales at a level I want and need. Having 500 Medicare clients goes a long way towards stoking the coals with referrals. And every one of those is earned.

Just trying to keep things even keel. His website is helpful - and his site doesn't promise to call from a DNC scrubbed list, so I felt like the mistake was mine for not asking about it before ordering.

Also, nothing in the terms and conditions about the leads being dnc scrubbed.

I just assumed (I know - my fault) that they would be DNC scrubbed - but when I got the leads (very quickly) I thought, let's just check these agains DNC just in case... and I found the vast majority were on the DNC, making them worthless to me.

As an agent, it's my responsibility to ensure that the leads were obtained legitimately - not the lead company (regardless of telemarketing, direct mail, etc.).

I'm not sure why he would take on the massive liability (for himself personally) calling anyone and everyone, but I guess he is OK with the risk? It would be interesting for @Glen Shelton to comment on it - as I'd be interested to hear his take.

Thanks for the clarification, Scott.

I don't use TM leads but know @Glen Shelton is a prominent contributor (financially and informative posts) on this forum. I have never used his leads but just ASSUMED they were scrubbed.

Also, I am pretty sure @Justin Bilyj has done some joint work with Glen. I have a lot of respect Justin and what he contributes to the forum.

I agree that Glen should, and probably will, respond to your post and address your concerns.

BTW, I am also a @sshafran fan as well . . .

Back