How is the BCBS PPO--> HMO Conversion Working Out?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
It's been a few months since BCBS of Texas announced that it would not offer its PPO product. What's happened to the existing PPO customer base? Is the BCBS HMO offering still an attractive product?

It's been a few months since BCBS of Texas announced that it would not offer its PPO product. What's happened to the existing PPO customer base? Is the BCBS HMO offering still an attractive product?
They are being moved to their comparable HMO plan if they take no other action. Much smaller provider network and all the other usual differences with a PPO. All affected should already have new ID cards with PCP assigned by the carrier if they did not contact them.

Its a disaster...

1. 400,000 people had to find a new plan.
2. They were mapped to an HMO, which means if they did nothing AND were on autodraft, they will get drafted
3. The Blue Advantage HMO is a very limited network
4. The system keeps crashing when you try to login

For the agents, its been great. Most of my new people were on the BCBS PPO and needed guidance.

I have a feeling that next week is going to be ugly at BCBS, with the people who they told "your plan is terminating" but they draft anyway.

And I wouldn't be surprised at BCBSTX layoffs in 2nd quarter. The enrollment numbers are going to be ugly.

That's a broker, in a small town, who got his name in the news. (Although I agree with what he said.) Its not a UHC announcement.

You're right, KGMom. Ms. Kelly Fristoe apparently knows more than United Healthcare's client services department.

Back