How is the economy effecting your group sales?

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
What are you other brokers seeing in your markets with the economy and group sales?

Right now in my market business seem to be at a stand still.

I am seeing less small businesses starting which I write a lot of these.The business that have just started with in the last 2 years just do not have a budget for a group plan. So I am selling them individual policies.

A lot of my clients are being effected by the gas prices so I am having mid year meetings to make plan changes to save 20% on premium.

What are you seeing?

Here in houston things are ok. Not sure where u are, but if there are any oil & gas related companies in your area...CALL ON THEM! Especially any start ups. Engineering firms as well.

All my clients are Obama supporters and "full of hope"... they're all getting rid of their plans in prep for the National Healthcare plan the Messiah is bringing next year.

All my clients are Obama supporters and "full of hope"...

Stop prospecting in South Fulton and Dekalb county . . .

I was quite surprised when one of my clients called late Monday asking for my help. Obama was coming to town for a fundraiser ($2300/plate + another $10,000 if you wanted your picture with Obama) and he (my client) was one of the coordinators for the fundraiser and speaking engagements. Even though John has almost as many years in the industry as I do, he is a fervent Obama supporter. He wanted the names of people I knew who were screwed by the insurance industry and could not get adequate health care because the carrier would not cover them or pay the claim.

I said I would have to get back to him . . .

.....Even though John has almost as many years in the industry as I do, he is a fervent Obama supporter. He wanted the names of people I knew who were screwed by the insurance industry and could not get adequate health care because the carrier would not cover them or pay the claim.......

I just don't get that. The policies Obama will support will be bad news for entrepeneurs, small business owners, or the self-employed. More government programs means somebody is cut out and somebody foots the bill.

I don't get it either.

John is really jaded toward the industry. Sure, it isn't perfect, but everything Obama is talking about, ESPECIALLY tax increases (which he denies of course) are detrimental to the economy.

Energy companies sound like a good target.
I did engineering companie 1st quarter with not much luck.

I'm just getting started in small group. So far there has been a lot of interest in saving money of course. I've been having better success taking over groups and switching into hsa compatible plans. Last ones were 2 & 3 person groups on older first dollar coverage hmo plans. Switched them both to hsa comp plans saving them boatloads of $ even with the ded's. They couldn't be happier.

I'm just getting started in small group. So far there has been a lot of interest in saving money of course. I've been having better success taking over groups and switching into hsa compatible plans. Last ones were 2 & 3 person groups on older first dollar coverage hmo plans. Switched them both to hsa comp plans saving them boatloads of $ even with the ded's. They couldn't be happier.

Nice, closing those AOR groups. I use to do that when I was door knocking. It been about 4 years since I did that but I think I need to do it again.

I am slow on new group sales right now, but my indiviudal sales are way up.

Back