How is the Insurance Market in Chicago?

NotEnough

Super Genius
Hi everybody,

I plan to move to Chicago next year... just to experience life a little bit. Just wanted to get your overview on the insurance market out there! A little background about me...my first 2 years was with a captive mutual for life & annuity, 3rd year (approaching my 4th now) I am with a multiline educators insurance company writing home, auto, life, & annuity. I can say I am doing pretty well in all 4 areas. 80% of my new business are multiline households.

I wanted to know a few things about Chicago..( I plan to live downtown )

1) Is there a big P&C market in the downtown area of chicago?

2) Is the market dominated by big names such as Allstate/AAA/Nationwide/ETC or mostly through independent agencies?

3) What is the life & annuity market there like?

Not really sure what else to ask...so any input will be greatly appreciated!

So, you want to move from one crooked state government to another? Interesting.

I can't tell you much about the "insurance market" in Chicago. I can tell you that O. Alfred Granum (creator of the One Card System) ran the Northwestern Mutual office in Chicago. I would venture to say there would be quite a few Life & Annuity agents in the area - just like any other major city.

So, you want to move from one crooked state government to another? Interesting.

I can't tell you much about the "insurance market" in Chicago. I can tell you that O. Alfred Granum (creator of the One Card System) ran the Northwestern Mutual office in Chicago. I would venture to say there would be quite a few Life & Annuity agents in the area - just like any other major city.

Haha...didn't know they were crooked. I visited Chicago a bit ago and fell in love with the city. Figured since I'm in my mid 20s with no commitments, I can make a move to another city for the experience. :cool:

Haha...didn't know they were crooked. I visited Chicago a bit ago and fell in love with the city. Figured since I'm in my mid 20s with no commitments, I can make a move to another city for the experience. :cool:

Hahaha, not counting the last Governor(he could join the club), we had 4 out of the last 7 Governors, including the last 2 go to prison.

Try not to get shot.

1) Absolutely huge, all different kinds of businesses large and small, not to mention personal lines if that’s for you.

2) The captives are across the city but the independents try to establish a following in a neighborhood for starters and grow from there.

3) Chicago is large and diverse. I am not in that part of the business but I'm told it's flourishing.

Jeff Biesen
Owner of JBI Insurance Group

1) Absolutely huge, all different kinds of businesses large and small, not to mention personal lines if that’s for you.

2) The captives are across the city but the independents try to establish a following in a neighborhood for starters and grow from there.

3) Chicago is large and diverse. I am not in that part of the business but I'm told it's flourishing.

Jeff Biesen
Owner of JBI Insurance Group

Jesus, how many bottles of spray tan do you go through a week?

Back