How is This Possible...direct Bill

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
I ran into a UOO med supp client today that said he was paying his premium monthly by money order. I thought he was full of it and made him show me his coupons he sends in. He went and got the envelope and showed them to me. I thought it was impossible to get a monthly direct bill. I think his agent may have super powers....

Has anyone else been able to do this for clients? The companies always tell me to pay quarterly or go pound sand.

I ran into a UOO med supp client today that said he was paying his premium monthly by money order. I thought he was full of it and made him show me his coupons he sends in. He went and got the envelope and showed them to me. I thought it was impossible to get a monthly direct bill. I think his agent may have super powers....

Has anyone else been able to do this for clients? The companies always tell me to pay quarterly or go pound sand.

Most all my companies bill monthly.

Yes...it is possible it takes some extra work. I helped a lady from South Dakota sign up for monthly direct bill with money orders just last November.(so I am assuming they are still doing it today)

Once you get the application submitted and approved call Client Services and tell them there is no other way the client can pay.(ie they don't have a checking account or not enough money to pay quarterly with money orders) I have heard from some of my agents however it really depends on who you talk with at Client Services.

I have ahad a couple of UoO clients change to monthly direct after the policies were issued. I don't think they will the agent do it, but if the person calls in and wants to change they will let them.

I have ahad a couple of UoO clients change to monthly direct after the policies were issued. I don't think they will the agent do it, but if the person calls in and wants to change they will let them.

Yep you're right, I found out a couple of other carriers that do the same thing, but only after the policy is active and the client calls in the change.

I'll tell you one that won't do it under any circumstances, and even sent two money orders back on one of my clients, and that was American Continental. I hope that Aetna changes that practice.

Yep you're right, I found out a couple of other carriers that do the same thing, but only after the policy is active and the client calls in the change.

I'll tell you one that won't do it under any circumstances, and even sent two money orders back on one of my clients, and that was American Continental. I hope that Aetna changes that practice.

I haven't run into one of client with AmCon med sups wanting to change to monthly direct. I have had some of my AmCon FE clients change to monthly direct by contacting the company. I had one that pays $130/mo. make the change and she never misses a payment.

They do run their med sup business and their FE as two completely different companies.

Back