How is your temperature on MA sales?

policy doctor

Guru
1000 Post Club
Out of curiosity, how is everyone's enrollment of new sales for med advantage going this year compared to last year's enrollment?

Do you see the volume of responses lower, and hesitation to switch current plans to another MA?

I know people are getting inundated with enrollment kits and solicitations, including phone calls, but I'm hearing that enrollment numbers are lower than years past, and that there is a surge of medicare supplement sales.

I've been relying on free leads from some carriers, and that flow has been reducing, and in some cases, zero. I'm mainly concentrating on new sales, rather than replacement. Folks who have no coverage.

I"ve hit for 3 weeks wrote 20 apps and now I getting out , moving back to health insurance. Seems like the market in my area is getting
hammered by every one and his brother. I'll let them fight over the scraps.

Total disaster so far but then I've been supplied "leads" - meaning, people that they haven't been in contact with for nearly a year and are on the DNC list.

The Leads started out better in October because the co. switch to in house rather than outsourced leads, then in November cooled off. We get less leads, but better quality. IT is similar to last year, but a tad slower. The company I've been with for MA just signed a contract for expanding the network substantially, but still need to contract the Doctors. Gee you'd think they could of had that finalized before AEP. I could easily double my sales with this carrier when that finally comes to fruition. I still get sent to some places that are like deja' vue all over again, because they are too nice to say no to the telemarketers, but have no trouble saying no when their Doctor of umpteen years is out of network.

I"ve hit for 3 weeks wrote 20 apps and now I getting out , moving back to health insurance. Seems like the market in my area is getting
hammered by every one and his brother. I'll let them fight over the scraps.

20 apps in 3 weeks. Am I missing something? That's about $5000 commission in my market. Is that all your doing or other products. It's not that bad!!:embarrassed:

People are angrier. I’m not sure why. Seems when the White House announced their bail-out of the mortgage industry is when I noticed an uptick of anger. There are so many sales prevention rules in place. I’ll work a few more leads and then will shut it down for 2007. I’ve canceled my 5 remaining seminars. Time to hunker down. I’m looking forward to October 2008.

Policy Doctor has a good plan – but, how do you get leads with “no coverage”?

Actually lucked out with these free leads by finding people who had only original medicare. Folks like QMB's and LIS....so they already were on their own
"zero premium plan" except no cap.

With that MA plan at least they have a ceiling on those out of pocket costs plus the enhanced benefits.

Yeah they were perfect for that hmo plan.

The temperature here for me is indicative to the cold weather here.... most don't want to change; they're being bombarded and have been with endless mail pieces from most of the top carriers and phone calls galore; and areas where MAs were not so popular, I found my primary competition our home health doctors and agencies who bombard this population year round!!! So bottom line is: I do not see my thermostat rising high any time soon. And you know, I am okay with that.

I've noticed a substantal drop off in leads and quality in the last week and its not going to get any better. Most the of the people now, that have a interest have been contacted by at least 1 or 2 other reps for
appointments. I was cranking pretty good on health ins. before open enrollment started and debated whether or not to even mess with the MA plans this year. It was worth my time for 3 weeks but its time to move on.

Back