How I've Sold FE Part Time For 10 Months

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
Some people wonder if it's possible to sell final expense part-time in conjunction with their day job.

I've been doing it successfully for the past 10 months and figured I'd share my experience thus far.

I have a day job selling to businesses in an entirely unrelated industry, where I prospect cold over the phone and in-person, present my solution, close the business, and coordinate the completion of the paperwork and installation of the product.

I beat quota last quarter for new accounts opened and volume of business, and am on track to do the same this quarter.

Point of me mentioning this is that I am putting around 40 to 50 hours a week at my day job and am still doing a good bit of final expense business.

Now, as far as my FE schedule goes...

I have been out in the field 2 days a week minimum, sometimes 3, working 2 weekdays starting at 1PM until sunset, and all day Saturday. I get 24 leads a week, and the goal is to see 50% of them in appointments.

I have had ups and downs, but I have been consistently hitting 10 to 12, with more recently 12 to 15 presentations a week like this.

I am paying a dynamite appointment setter to set my appointments, with the goal of 80% of them being pre-set, which we have been consistently getting. Reason I'm using an appointment setter is because I just don't have the time necessary to commit what it takes to book a consistent number of appointments.

After 2 years of doing this, I am booking my appointments an hour and fifteen minutes apart with a 30-minute window, and am seeing 4-6 appointments on days where I start at 1PM.

I have also brought on a very part time virtual assistant to handle call ins and phone-based secretarial work to follow up with new and old clients. Again, I have the good intention to do this, but never seem to fit it into my day. I can outsource this activity just fine, and I believe it's actually a net profitable activity, as I will be able to conserve policies and hopefully get referrals stimulated.

The point of this post is that final expense part-time can be done. It ain't easy, and that's why I contract out some peripheral activities and focus on closing deals.

Some people wonder if it's possible to sell final expense part-time in conjunction with their day job.

I've been doing it successfully for the past 10 months and figured I'd share my experience thus far.

I have a day job selling to businesses in an entirely unrelated industry, where I prospect cold over the phone and in-person, present my solution, close the business, and coordinate the completion of the paperwork and installation of the product.

I beat quota last quarter for new accounts opened and volume of business, and am on track to do the same this quarter.

Point of me mentioning this is that I am putting around 40 to 50 hours a week at my day job and am still doing a good bit of final expense business.

I have been out in the field 2 days a week minimum, sometimes 3, working 2 weekdays starting at 1PM until sunset, and all day Saturday. I get 24 leads a week, and the goal is to see 50% of them in appointments.

I have had ups and downs, but I have been consistently hitting 10 to 12, with more recently 12 to 15 presentations a week like this.

I am paying a dynamite appointment setter to set my appointments, with the goal of 80% of them being pre-set, which we have been consistently getting. Reason I'm using an appointment setter is because I just don't have the time necessary to commit what it takes to book a consistent number of appointments.

After 2 years of doing this, I am booking my appointments an hour and fifteen minutes apart with a 30-minute window, and am seeing 4-6 appointments on days where I start at 1PM.

I have also brought on a very part time virtual assistant to handle call ins and phone-based secretarial work to follow up with new and old clients. Again, I have the good intention to do this, but never seem to fit it into my day. I can outsource this activity just fine, and I believe it's actually a net profitable activity, as I will be able to conserve policies and hopefully get referrals stimulated.

The point of this post is that final expense part-time can be done. It ain't easy, and that's why I contract out some peripheral activities and focus on closing deals.
:noteworthy::noteworthy: And there is no sarcasm intended. great job.. Just take care of yourself and don't burn yourself out..

Reardon do you have plans to eventually be all FE?

Last edited:
Securus supplies me the leads. They are OK.

I can get 5 or 6 deals a week if I hit my appointment goal. But I've definitely had ups and downs.

FE full-time? Maybe. Depends on how Obamacare works (or doesn't).

To be honest, I'm more interested long-term in worksite, now I've grown a pair big enough to call on businesses.

That's what I love about selling life insurance. Not only the money is great and the opportunities unlimited, but I am doing God's work.

Can't say that about my B2B job.

Excellent post. A big factor is that you approach it like a business. Many part-timers (and full-timers) are convinced that it will be some quick and easy money if they just dabble in it.

Back