How Long Did it Take You to Get Your First Sale in Life Insurance?

Craumas

I just recently got licensed and I'm starting out as an independent agent and this coming Monday I'm going to start selling. I was curious to know how long it took all of you to get your first sale in Life Insurance!

I just recently got licensed and I'm starting out as an independent agent and this coming Monday I'm going to start selling. I was curious to know how long it took all of you to get your first sale in Life Insurance!

If I may... I started in selling Cancer Plans door to door with a "demo book", the goal was not how soon before your first sale as much as how many demo's you could get in as quickly as possible.

The more you find yourself in front of potential clients... the more you run through your presentation... the better you become of what drives you to a sale.

Work hard, work right, work often...

3 months. :sad:

Actually, I sold a cancer policy to a man and wife my 1st day in the field.

Like Life Hawk said, get in front of people and practice your presentation. You'll trip over a sale now and then, but only if you're working. :yes:

I made sales pretty quickly after I started. But it wasn’t my first sales job.

Don’t try to learn everything all at once. Learn your basic products and a simple fact finder & presentation. Then find as many people to talk with as you can. Like Life Hawk said, the more you present, the better you become.

One of my first trainers said, “There’s really no secret to selling life insurance. The trick is to find enough people who want to buy life insurance.”

I closed the first couple I ever sat down with but I had a script that I had practiced and sat through classes for about a month. It was my first time in the field by myself.

It took me several months, then the agency I was with stole 100% of my commission. :realmad:

What a great way to start, I was punching myself in the stomach for dinner for a good while. In fact, I don't recommend anyone start like I did... it was A$$ backwards and took quite a while to overcome.

Made a sale the first evening in the field by myself..Had canvassed the house earlier in the day and the wife told me to come back that evening when her husband was home.

That was actually the second app I had taken but the first was a brother in law on the first day with the company and I really don't count that one.

Latest posts

Back