How Long Did it Take You to Get Your First Sale in Life Insurance?

It took me 10 minutes after I got my Life & Health license to get my 1st sale.
Life is easy to sell. Go buy a few light blue and baby pink new born baby shirts with your logo on them.

Put each of them into a small box with your business card and a brochure of what your selling.
For example:
My brochure has the life companies I represent, how much it costs for a new born, 25 year old, 45 year old and 60 year old. I explain why get life on your baby.
Reason 1. Locks in the age and the health. Price will never go up.
Reason 2. Early death
Reason 3. Children onset disease. ( diabetes, heart, bowel)

Then, I take the boxes to the maternity ward. Each box is marked with a B or G. I ask the nurses to please give my gifts to those having babies. I go back monthly to replenish the boxes. Because the nurses can't let me give them in person. I get 3-4 calls a month for a quote. When I get the quote, I bring a stuffed animal to the meeting that is wearing a shirt with my logo on it.

Great way to build relationships.

When I was in it, it took me 3 months to get my first sale, and that was a month after I had visited the client and wrote them an introductory no-cost policy. Guy called me up on a Sunday and asked if I could come over and get him set up with a small policy. Was shocked because you almost never have people flat out call you like that.

It took me 10 minutes after I got my Life & Health license to get my 1st sale.
Life is easy to sell. Go buy a few light blue and baby pink new born baby shirts with your logo on them.

Put each of them into a small box with your business card and a brochure of what your selling.
For example:
My brochure has the life companies I represent, how much it costs for a new born, 25 year old, 45 year old and 60 year old. I explain why get life on your baby.
Reason 1. Locks in the age and the health. Price will never go up.
Reason 2. Early death
Reason 3. Children onset disease. ( diabetes, heart, bowel)

Then, I take the boxes to the maternity ward. Each box is marked with a B or G. I ask the nurses to please give my gifts to those having babies. I go back monthly to replenish the boxes. Because the nurses can't let me give them in person. I get 3-4 calls a month for a quote. When I get the quote, I bring a stuffed animal to the meeting that is wearing a shirt with my logo on it.

Great way to build relationships.
Does that not count as bribery in your state? At least in my state I'm not allowed to give any sort of gifts/money/etc without losing my licensing.

If I may... I started in selling Cancer Plans door to door with a "demo book", the goal was not how soon before your first sale as much as how many demo's you could get in as quickly as possible.

The more you find yourself in front of potential clients... the more you run through your presentation... the better you become of what drives you to a sale.

Work hard, work right, work often...

Amen, brother

If I may... I started in selling Cancer Plans door to door with a "demo book", the goal was not how soon before your first sale as much as how many demo's you could get in as quickly as possible.

The more you find yourself in front of potential clients... the more you run through your presentation... the better you become of what drives you to a sale.

Work hard, work right, work often...
It's true: The harder I work the luckier I get!

Back